is there a big jump in HP/TQ between gtb2260vk and gtb2565vk?

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
so billet stock wheels I wish 2260vk had ball braring instead of journal!

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
It overspeeds even worse than journal bearing version.

Lähetetty minun LG-H870 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
so when turbo overspeed does it break the shaft? oil in the intercooler and it is a runaway probably

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Lol Bobby, i hope you are not right on this one , it would be really sad.

I went back to journal bearings and pretty happy how it goes. No smoke, no oil on exhaust or intake. Solid AF!

Devilsfuel

TDI
Mercedes C350 CDI
This one came from gottuned (gottuned.com) There communication was really good and they were the best price out of the suppliers mentioned above.

Let's see how it goes with the reported oil seal issues. As far as I know I will be the first to upgrade it on the 3.0 CDI engine

Last edited:

Devilsfuel

TDI
Mercedes C350 CDI
Turbo arrived this week, will fit at the end of the month and report back on driveability.

Hi Guys, unfortunately my circumstances have changed and will no longer be fitting the turbo. It is now for sale, please PM me for details if interested.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
I dont even like spool on the 2260....much less a 2560. I i,agine its good for 3500-5500. And really big numbers...but down low...disappointing and poor mileage.
HI,

I know most people who go for big turbos don't necessarily drive for fuel mileage but , just curious, have you ever run the car on a long highway trip at legal speeds ? If so, what kinds of MPG were you getting?

I know bigger turbos down low are laggy ( is it possible to even describe how laggy compared to stock?)
BUT I can put up with a little lag for more cruise MPG's (I mainly drive long distance highway).

Thanks

Andrew

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
HI,

I know most people who go for big turbos don't necessarily drive for fuel mileage but , just curious, have you ever run the car on a long highway trip at legal speeds ? If so, what kinds of MPG were you getting?

I know bigger turbos down low are laggy ( is it possible to even describe how laggy compared to stock?)
BUT I can put up with a little lag for more cruise MPG's (I mainly drive long distance highway).

Thanks

Andrew
Big turbos suffer from massive MPG loss. The energy it takes to drive the turbine is prodigious. Light footing a big turbo will only result in unnecessarily low mileage...unless you take all the fuel out of the tune....along with the driveability. There are small to medium turbos that are the best of both worlds depending on your ultimate goal...but a big one for mileage I wouldnt consider. For instance, one of my ALH cars with GTB265vk goes like a scalded cat when spooled, but when driving easy, it struggles to get 35-40 MPG I really have to work at it. Driving faster, actually improves mileage some...but there is still a point of no gains. WHen using a GTB2060vklr, I gained 8 MPG with all other tings the same. I ahve recently been installing the GTD series turbos. I highly recommend those for mileage and power.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I'd have agree with mrchill, that a GTD series turbo would best fit your needs like a GTD1752VRK.
https://gottuned.com/product/gtd175...m-converted-and-welded-onto-stock-1-9-2-0tdi/
http://www.turbo-upgrade.com/produse/gtd1752vrk-with-manifold-for-19tdi-2wd/2136/
Then for the ultimate in flow you could get this tubular manifold and get a vacuum converted GTD1752VRK separate.
https://profidiesel.net/exhaust-man...gtb1752vrk-tubular-manifold-for-19tdi-8v.html
http://www.turbo-upgrade.com/produse/ball-bearing-turbocharger-gtd1752vrk/131/

Then again you could get the complete GTD1752VRK kit from Darkside, including the downpipe.
https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...bearing-turbo-kit-for-1-9-8v-tdi-engines.html

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
We got +38bhp with simple pump voltage mod with 11mm. Same things can do with 10mm.

We now run our 600kg class compact diesel tractor puller with 11mm pump and 0.320 nozzles. Those fuel levels can spool our turbo with 60mm compressor wheel. And that 60mm is not compressor exducer like gtb2260vk, it is size of compressor inducer!

HI,

What is the pump voltage mod?

Thanks

Andrew

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol Bobby, i hope you are not right on this one , it would be really sad.

I went back to journal bearings and pretty happy how it goes. No smoke, no oil on exhaust or intake. Solid AF!

HI,

I see you went back to journal bearings ...

Just curious , but how reliable are ball bearings ?

How much more oil gets into the intake as a result of the Ball bearings?

Thanks

Andrew

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
Big turbos suffer from massive MPG loss. The energy it takes to drive the turbine is prodigious. Light footing a big turbo will only result in unnecessarily low mileage...unless you take all the fuel out of the tune....along with the driveability. There are small to medium turbos that are the best of both worlds depending on your ultimate goal...but a big one for mileage I wouldnt consider. For instance, one of my ALH cars with GTB265vk goes like a scalded cat when spooled, but when driving easy, it struggles to get 35-40 MPG I really have to work at it. Driving faster, actually improves mileage some...but there is still a point of no gains. WHen using a GTB2060vklr, I gained 8 MPG with all other tings the same. I ahve recently been installing the GTD series turbos. I highly recommend those for mileage and power.
HI,

When you said you gained 8MPG when using the GTB2060vklr at regular highway speeds ... what speeds are you typically running at ? Would the GTD series net even more MPGs ? I have heard of some people getting pretty good MPGs at 70+ which is why I ask (even better than me so maybe a bigger turbo can get good MPGs if one an resist running hard?).

Thanks

Andrew

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
HI,

When you said you gained 8MPG when using the GTB2060vklr at regular highway speeds ... what speeds are you typically running at ? Would the GTD series net even more MPGs ? I have heard of some people getting pretty good MPGs at 70+ which is why I ask (even better than me so maybe a bigger turbo can get good MPGs if one an resist running hard?).

Thanks

Andrew
Speeds between 70-85 highway. And yes, I feed the GTD series would be even better. I dont have GTD's in my own cars yet...but I have istalled a few for others. They seem to perform very well.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Which GTB model would be best suited for good daily drive ability ? I drive about 80% highway and 20% city. Also I would like to keep from having to do many supporting mods.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
I have a golf mk2 with a pd 130 swapped engine, I fitted a gtb 2260vk turbo...very good fuel economy and plenty power at only 1.8 bar of boost !

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
For a stock car probably a gtb1756vk, a gtb2056vk/vl or the new gtd1752vrk turbo will be a really nice match ! I also heard of gtc1449v series of turbochargers being insane on boost from low down but I have yet to drive one ! I also done a few a4 pd130 b5 tdi Quattro with bv43a turbochargers and they shift nicely, few hundreds rpms lower they come on boost compared to stock bv43 of pd 2.0 tdi engines...