Engine cover just pop off?

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Was scoping out the oil and fuel filter access on my '13 JSW the other day and noted that the engine cover doesn't look bolted down like my '03 Golf's. Does it just pop off?

Tinman265

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen Sunroof/Nav Platnium Grey Metallic, Titan Black Interior, 6 speed manual. Took the buyback 1-6-17 - Loan payoff 1-17-17
Be careful...... Tight fit on the pins. Pull straight up with your fingers under the engine cover.

Dealer broke mine and won't own up to it

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Yep give firm tugs at each of the four corners. Sometimes one corner wants to be stubborn... just try another corner then the stubborn one will pop off.

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
Dealer broke mine and won't own up to it
I just changed the oil this week after having the dealer do the free ones. I hadn't taken the cover off in a while. The dealer broke mine, too.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
Start at the back left of the cover, where the oil filler is. Put your fingers under the cover there and your thumbs on the oil filler cap. Press and pull and it comes right off. Then move to the top right then the other two in front. Once you get the cover off apply a small bit of grease to the insides of the ball fittings to make it easier next time around.

Tinman265

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen Sunroof/Nav Platnium Grey Metallic, Titan Black Interior, 6 speed manual. Took the buyback 1-6-17 - Loan payoff 1-17-17
Hope you switched the Dealer?:confused:
Yep. 24k free service ended and I found it at "Ed's done right service center" while performing my 30k service....