Finally APR TDI Tune ... we shall see

tdi_spec

TDI
2012 Tornado Red Golf TDI
Just emailed my dealer. He said this:

We do have a tune for your car and it's currently on sale till Aug 3rd.
The gains are 30hp, and 61lb tq.
The tune is done in-house.
When we're you looking to have it done?

Should I do it?

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI

Should I do it?
No idea. What is his sale price? My dealer is at $599 minus labor for ecu extraction.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Talked to the apr guys today at waterfest about the tune . On sale this weekend for 499 free install . It can also be switched back to stock via the cruse control stalk for dealer trips ! It was hard to walk away but I'm still gonna wait till I'm out of warrenty to tinker !

dkm

TDI
2011 golf
which dealer is doing the tune? Can you PM me? i'm curious about it.

Should I do it?

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
Should I do it?
At the crank it all sounds so nice

veedubfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 golf
Called my local dealer and its 499 for the fully loaded but 150 in labor :( Might just go with the Revo and an SPS because they don't charge labor on the install.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Called my local dealer and its 499 for the fully loaded but 150 in labor :( Might just go with the Revo and an SPS because they don't charge labor on the install.
Most Revo dealers charge labor as well; because the ECU must be removed to tune it. You can search around though, as both APR and Revo dealers assign their own install fees; those have nothing to do with either parent tuning company (IE APR and REVO do not assign install charges).

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Most Revo dealers charge labor as well; because the ECU must be removed to tune it. You can search around though, as both APR and Revo dealers assign their own install fees; those have nothing to do with either parent tuning company (IE APR and REVO do not assign install charges).
been my experience too

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
The price I was quoted for a Revo tune at a dealer in Toledo was $500 for the software plus $200 for "unlocking" the ECU. I believe that this is the process which involves soldering on the ECU and has nothing to do with the physical removal of the ECU from the vehicle.

I paid $450 out the door for a RC1 tune at a GTG and am very satisfied with it.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
My local dealer quoted me $499+115+taxes for the chip tuning. Why is there a tax affiliated with it?

I heard some places will "undo" your stage 1 upgrade using a specific machine so that the warranty on your car will not be voided in case a repair is needed, because VW dealer will not detect any change on your ECU. Does it mean you have to pay money to tune the ECU again after the repair is done, or you can adjust it back to the tuned version yourself?

veedubfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 golf
Sales tax?

1 thing to remember is that if you want to truly hide from the dealer seeing the tune, you'll need the stock mode AND replace the snap off bolts that hold the ecu down.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Sales tax?

1 thing to remember is that if you want to truly hide from the dealer seeing the tune, you'll need the stock mode AND replace the snap off bolts that hold the ecu down.
Probably there is no way you can DIY since you need that professional machine I suppose?

Biggu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW PANA/ NAV
im scheduled for the tune tomorrow on my 2012, hopefully they will be able to do it since the 2012 are a bit different.

l3it3r

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 TDI Sportwagen
I'll be getting mine as soon as I get back home from Hawaii. I have the APR Stage 2 on my GTI and managing the programs is very easy. Plus they're supposed to have the iPhone app available 'soon' (read: never)

Biggu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW PANA/ NAV
Just got a call from the shop doing my flash. APR does NOT support 2012 cars yet

they said they may have something next week but cannot guarantee it. glad I wasted my time today dropping off the car and going the day with out a car to drive. Might just drive my other car while I send my ecu out and just get a Malone stage 2 tune.