2012 Golf TDI won't start

bkcmmtr

TDI
2012 Golf
Went out to the garage yesterday and was going to drive the Golf on a few errands, etc. It barely turned over and with successive effort at starting it didn't turn over at all. Hmm...I thought maybe the battery is dead/kaput. Put a battery charger on it for a few hours and attempted to start again. It turned over normally, but wouldn't start. Tried again and it sputtered a little bit and died. No go.

I've got an extended warranty on it from the previous owner and likely will have it towed to a dealer.

Any thoughts on where to look for the problem? My worst fear is the HPFP. Car has a little less than 22K on it.

I'm at work and won't be able to check posts until lunchtime.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
How many people have tried to get the dealer to install the kit to prevent iceing outside of warranty? I have a 09 JSW TDI that I don't use for the winter up north,but was planning to give to my son in Ohio and am worried the car may be a problem in Ohio winters.

bkcmmtr

TDI
2012 Golf
Iced Intercooler

Howling was correct. My car has an intercooler icing problem. The VW service advisor called me and said a "chunk" of ice fell out when investigating the no-start issue. I just couldn't believe there be ice in there because the ambient temp was 45 F when it wouldn't start.

Remains to be seen in VW will pay for the work...warranty expired 10/31/2014.