Food and Beverage Thread SF/Bay Area Spring GTG March 25th

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Food and Beverage Thread SF/Bay Area Spring FEST March 25th

FOOD

For those bringing food that needs to be refrigerated there will be a refrigerator as well as a makeshift food preparation area.
For those attending who are not able to bring food I do encourage a donation of some kind towards general expenses as the space for the GTG is rented.

I am interested in providing a home made side dish

I am interested in providing a dish to be BBQ

I have a family/generational dish I want to share

1. OldPoopie - I may have to bring a box or two of voodoo donuts.:D

I would like to make my famous home-made dessert to share:

DRINKS​

The few past GTG's have been kinda of dry
I am interested in bringing a bottle of Wine or some Beer to share:

1. NachtRitter - Beer
2. B100 - Beer

I know that water is important in maintaining proper metabolism and hydration.
At the last GTG we went through 3 cases of water - and it was not used for a water meth injection ... :)

1. Nachtritter

I would like to bring something different that does not fall within the above categories

I can supply equipment to make sure there is plenty of coffee on hand for the
early morning risers or those addicted to caffeine

I want Justin to work on my car. I will therefore bring a few bottles of Gatorade

1. NewTdi (Justin, I got your back)

Last edited:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Since I'll be traveling, I can't bring anything perishable, so I'll donate. Do you want it now or when I arrive?

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
so, looks like we're going potluck this time? Cool...I'll come up with something. Put me down for a main dish.

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I don't drink any more.

Or any less, so count on me for some good Drake's IPA, I have my own cooler to keep 'em cold.

NachtRitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 5MT
Since I can't cook, I'll sign up to bring a case of water as well as the beer...

At the last GTG we went through 3 cases of water - and it was not used for a water meth injection ... :)

1. Nachtritter

TDI
None
Oldpoopie, you see the Voodoo beer they had late last year? I believe it was maple & bacon flavored...? Saw it at Whole Paycheck in Phoenix in November last year, should have bought a bottle or three! There's supposed to be some sort of Voodoo doughnut-like place in downtown San Jose, (psycho donuts), but I haven't checked it out yet...

I'm going to try and bring some "Paleo Chili" on Sunday for those who eat like cavemen (and women) :).

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
Oldpoopie, you see the Voodoo beer they had late last year? I believe it was maple & bacon flavored...? Saw it at Whole Paycheck in Phoenix in November last year, should have bought a bottle or three! There's supposed to be some sort of Voodoo doughnut-like place in downtown San Jose, (psycho donuts), but I haven't checked it out yet...

I'm going to try and bring some "Paleo Chili" on Sunday for those who eat like cavemen (and women) :).
Psycho Donut is pretty solid...I know Voodoo was the original, but never had it...hopefully will get to at the GTG.

Andrew - Is there going to be a grill? I'll bring some dogs or burgers if there is a grill, if not ummm...Snackables???

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I am looking for a food truck to come by for 2-3 hours on Sunday and even do a drive-by on Saturday! Keep your fingers crossed and let me know of you have any ideas!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Hey Andrew.... how about we go back to the format we had last time.... Matt made Amazing food and we all chipped in on the cost... that way we avoided 57 bags of doritos, 12 boxes of Donuts. 7 packs of Costo cookies and 7 and half 12 packs of coke?

I really liked the food arrangement at the last GTG...

treyca

Veteran Member
food and bev

Bringing my bbq sat morning and cooking wings. Can do gatorade and water aswell

cme4lyt

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB TDi
Food truck...

I sent NewTDI a PM last nite mentioning that I had a line on a food truck, hot dogs, wieners etc etc to be specific.
Just found out the truck has an electrical gremlin and they not sure if they can come out this weekend.
I'll know by noon tomorrow and I'll post the update.
Thanks....jonathan

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
My local news (Chico) just showed the projected rainfall area and amounts. For the Bay Area it showed about 1.46" over Saturday and Sunday. What are the Bay Area stations predicting?

Looks like we'll need a covered area for any grilling.

Last edited:

tomotdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS, '00 Golf GL auto/5sp swap, '03 GL wagon ,
Weather

Www.wunderground.com shows rain very late on Sunday for San Pablo. Otherwise fog and 57* with 10% chance. So far....

tomotdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS, '00 Golf GL auto/5sp swap, '03 GL wagon ,
Food by Matt

Sounds good to me as well. I was just about to marinate some boneless skinless chicken thighs for the occasion... Matt, bring anyway? (Sunday)

QUOTE=tothemax;3741287]Hey Andrew.... how about we go back to the format we had last time.... Matt made Amazing food and we all chipped in on the cost... that way we avoided 57 bags of doritos, 12 boxes of Donuts. 7 packs of Costo cookies and 7 and half 12 packs of coke?

I really liked the food arrangement at the last GTG...[/QUOTE]

SparkyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
I am looking for a food truck to come by for 2-3 hours on Sunday and even do a drive-by on Saturday! Keep your fingers crossed and let me know of you have any ideas!
ok NOT Spaming, but just trying to help if we want a taco truck here are the links below. Most are already in that area or close by. Oh and found a cupcake truck too! hhehe I looked on Yelp.com and there are more but no contact info so not sure how to track them down YET..hehe

http://www.elagavero.com/TACOTRUCK.html

http://cupkatesbakery.com/locations

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I am in negotiation with a Food Truck which will provide Louisiana specialties for Sunday between 12 noon and 3pm. I will know by the end of business day today. The options are that I pay upfront a flat fee for the truck to show up or everyone gets and purchases what they want to eat.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
given the rain possibility and some folks may not show, it may benefit you to negotiate a minimum amount they will sell/profit and then, if they sell over, all good for them. If under, we all chip in to get up to the agreed-upon amount...

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
given the rain possibility and some folks may not show, it may benefit you to negotiate a minimum amount they will sell/profit and then, if they sell over, all good for them. If under, we all chip in to get up to the agreed-upon amount...
I just got a call back from the catering truck and they cannot do it for the 32 people or so that are on the list!

So we are on our own as far as food!