No throttle on alh tdi

Kevmes

TDI
Audi a4 b6 1.9tdi ALH
I swapped a alh from a jetta into an 05 audi a4 and I'm pretty much done, except that i don't have any throttle.
In VCDS it shows the throttle % in measure blocks from the ecu. So i know that the throttle works and is connected to the ecu. But i don't know how the throttle is controlled on that engine, because there is no throttle body there. Could anyone help me out with this please
The rpms are a little bit high and when i press the pedal they drop abit, but after that it does nothing..

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
A brake switch may need to be incorporated. The ECU monitors the cruise control cut-out side of the brake switch as well as the brake light side (two switches in one unit). If the cruise side is broken (disconnected) the pedal is useless. I had this problem with my ALH in the Vanagon. I knew what the problem was. It was a matter of adjustment that wasn't sensitive to vibes, chuck-holes, and a slow rebounding brake pedal.

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
AndyBees is correct. The brake switch + light and clutch switch need to all read "000" in measuring block 006 or the engine will be in a reduced power mode.

The fact your idle is high might mean something else. So even though it is "fun", I don't like guessing what the issue is so the simplest thing at this point is read the fault codes and then correct.

Kevmes

TDI
Audi a4 b6 1.9tdi ALH
So i checked the measure blocks 006 and they are all on 000 if i push the brake the last one turns to 1 and then at the end the 2nd one also is a 1. so fully pressed is 011. but the first one never changed.

Hasenwerk

TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
So no fault codes stored?

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Did you swap out the stock accelerator pedal for a diesel specific one? They're not interchangeable from what I have seen over the years.

Last edited:

Kevmes

TDI
Audi a4 b6 1.9tdi ALH
I'll try to switch the pedal but it seems weird to me that it shows that the percentage of pedal pushed when i measure blocks in the ecu..

Hasenwerk

TDI
I'll try to switch the pedal but it seems weird to me that it shows that the percentage of pedal pushed when i measure blocks in the ecu..

Otto and Diesel pedals are different. Guaranteed.