www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2011

TDIFest 2011 Discussion about TDIFest 2011 on the Labour Day weekend (September 2-4th, 2011) in Lexington, KY.

Old April 15th, 2011, 15:15   #1
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~6.4L/100km
Thumbs up Kentucky attempting to entice Canadians!

In my recent issue of CAA (similar to the American AAA), I was surprised to find a few advertisements for Kentucky…thought it was ironic as TDIFest is being held here this year and I am contemplating on going…

Enjoy!

Cover

Small Ad

2 Page Spread!
2010 Golf TDI SportWagen|2.0L DSG|Highline Trim Level|Deep Black Pearl|Black Leather|Pano-roof|Fog lights|Eibach Pro-Kit|H&R 24mm RSB|OEM Cargo Partition|BlackVue DR500GW-HD|SS Bumper Protector|SS Tips|SS Pedals|Aspherical Mirrors|Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35F/15R|Chrome Rear Accent Strip|WeatherTech Digital Fit mats|Armadillo Skid Plate|Westfalia Euro Hitch with Custom Harness|17" Porto's - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus|16" Bioline's - Michelin X-Ice Xi2

Last edited by vw_leadfoot; April 15th, 2011 at 15:18.
vw_leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 18:09   #2
Zedbra
Veteran Member

kentucky ad without bourbon mentioned? i'm not going south - forget it, the lust is gone

Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:51   #3
mrvermin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
kentucky ad without bourbon mentioned? i'm not going south - forget it, the lust is gone
Wait.... Aren't the two old people in the bottom ad drinking something? Bourbon maybe?

And aren't those kegs of Bourbon in the top picture of the two page spread? Hmmmmmm

MrVermin

mrvermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:59   #4
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~6.4L/100km

Yup I think they are drinking Bourbon!
2010 Golf TDI SportWagen|2.0L DSG|Highline Trim Level|Deep Black Pearl|Black Leather|Pano-roof|Fog lights|Eibach Pro-Kit|H&R 24mm RSB|OEM Cargo Partition|BlackVue DR500GW-HD|SS Bumper Protector|SS Tips|SS Pedals|Aspherical Mirrors|Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35F/15R|Chrome Rear Accent Strip|WeatherTech Digital Fit mats|Armadillo Skid Plate|Westfalia Euro Hitch with Custom Harness|17" Porto's - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus|16" Bioline's - Michelin X-Ice Xi2
vw_leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 05:04   #5
jdhunt0
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2005.5 Jetta

Those ads look dated.
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:22   #6
Zedbra
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvermin View Post
Wait.... Aren't the two old people in the bottom ad drinking something? Bourbon maybe?

And aren't those kegs of Bourbon in the top picture of the two page spread? Hmmmmmm

MrVermin

a good ad would have a list of distilleries and those weird new bar codes to get gps directions.

Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:53   #7
mrvermin
Veteran Member

Quote:
a good ad would have a list of distilleries and those weird new bar codes to get gps directions.
Since when has the CAA had a "Good Ad" in their publications? LOL

Anywho, with the Canadian $$ where it is and expected to be in this area for a while to come, I can't wait

MrVermin

Old April 16th, 2011, 15:13   #8
Lug_Nut
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 116 mpg(e), 36 mpg gas, 100 mpg combined

Quote:
Then this is extra good!

"Experience our unbridled spirit"
"Find the spirit online"

Just which 'spirits' do you think they mean?
They can't come right out and say "Leave the missus at home, come here and get drunk!" so they have to carefully choose euphemisms that say just that without actually saying just that.

Even the promotional listing is: History, history, bourbon, bourbon, bourbon, bourbon, and only then baseball, golf, horse racing, basketball, football.

Svante Arrhenius 1896

Cogito ergo soy (I think, therefore: Biodiesel)
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 17:50   #9
mrvermin
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...

Spam, spam, bourbon, spam, bourbon, bourbon, spam.....

MrVermin

Old April 16th, 2011, 17:55   #10
40X40
Experienced

Fuel Economy: TBD, new data forthcoming

Research has revealed that the other 49 states paid for the "Kentucky" ads in an attempt to lure the Canadians OUT of their own states and confine them to Kentucky.

Just Kidding, OK? LOL

Bill
If you omit pertinent info from your question, you cannot reasonably expect a good answer.//Not affiliated with any vendors except as a customer.// Wise people lurk more.// I'm not a guru.// 'I got actual real friends in the real world'-T'sTDI/ If you were the only entry, there wasn't a race.// Grammar and spelling really are important, but I don't claim to be good at it.// Typical drivers can't.
40X40 is offline   Reply With Quote