www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery

Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery Do you have a TDI or Diesel not listed above? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old April 4th, 2020, 06:49   #76
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44-49 mpg

Picked up some firewood for next winter from a friend who's logging nearby.
The trailer looks rear-heavy but it isn't, the hitch sits a bit too high on the Skoda for that old trailer. It doesn't help that the trailer tires are one size smaller than they should be...I think there's about 400kg worth of wood on it.
Old April 4th, 2020, 07:42   #77
bobt2382
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: 46.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokivasara View Post
Picked up some firewood for next winter from a friend who's logging nearby.
...I think there's about 400kg worth of wood on it.
Nice! What type of tree are those logs from? TIA.
2010 4D CWhite Golf TDI, 6 sp manual, Fluidampr, Bixenons, Rear Airbags, RNS-510, Dynaudio, DieselGeek SS & P2015 bracket, Force Fed Eng. Shifter Bushings. XB,UB, & RB UNIbraces; TyrolSport Brake Caliper Bushing, 2Micron Contain/PureFlow kits & timing belt cover, PolarFis MFD module, Euro light switch, R Red LED Tail Lights,Under Seat Drawers, Full color MFD cluster.
bobt2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2020, 08:25   #78
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobt2382 View Post
Nice! What type of tree are those logs from? TIA.
Hi bob, it's silver Birch. Betula Pendula in latin
Old April 10th, 2020, 09:11   #79
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Decided to wash the car, spring cleaning
We had a mild winter, I wonder if that has something to do with the amount of buildup I had on it. Maybe they used more salt on the roads when the temps often were just a few degrees below or over freezing. I think I need stronger chemicals or a large chunk of clay to get the body clean. The engine cleaned nicely though!

Old May 22nd, 2020, 10:12   #80
nokivasara
Veteran Member

I have had some problems with the outside temp circuit, it would start to drop and show -34C even when the ambient temperature was 20C. Didn't think of it as anything else than an annoyance but now that we got our first "hot" day (after a long winter 20C is really hot!) it became more than that, when the indicated temp is below freezing the aircon doesn't work!
There were 2 identical temp sensors on my car, one where it should be, beside the fog light, and another in the centre of the grille. After a lot of testing and stripping of the tape on the main harness I found out that one of the sensors had it's wires cut and left in the harness. The other sensor was a repair.
Had to undo all of the tape until I found the spot where someone had done the repair. It was really close to the firewall and done with crimp connectors and since I couldn't get to them for a good test for continuity I cut the wires
Soldered the wires from the other sensor to the stubs and taped the harness, hoping that there was a bad connection in the crimp connectors.
Mounted the sensor in the lower grille beside the fog light and replaced the air filter, mounted the battery and went for a test drive. Success!
Ambient temp showed actual temp and the A/C kicked in, it only managed to cool the air down to 12C but knowing the condition of my condenser it was OK, 12 is cooler than 20.

I had another fault too recently, I got a fault code for charge pressure too low and it turned out to be a lazy N75 valve. Easy fix once I googled it