www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old March 30th, 2020, 00:32   #1
Mark buster

TDI(s): AFN
Default How to remove mil lights on cluster

So currently stripped out all unwanted wires from loom bit obviously I have mil lights of ABS,Airbag etc how are these removed?
TIA
Mark
Mark buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2020, 08:48   #2
jhax
Veteran Member

You need to send them to someone who can tune them out. It's a software thing.
jhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2020, 14:22   #3
xerootg
Veteran Member

I recently found a tool disable individual codes in edc16 files if your interested in going down the path of doing it yourself, but the consequences of a bad flash are pretty harsh.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
xerootg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2020, 10:02   #4
bobbiemartin
Veteran Member

Not sure what you are doing, but coding would be the correct way. However, if all you want is not to see the lights and you are not concerned with setting codes, etc. then there is another way. All you need to do is remove the cluster, dismantle enough to get to the lights and place a bit of well cut electrical tape over the lights. If you want you can cut a small piece of foam to fill up the hole but the tape alone works pretty well. I've had several cars with immobilizer delete and that is how I got rid of the light. If you search you can find instructions on how to dismantle the cluster including removing and replacing the needles.

bobbiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2020, 10:16   #5
1.9ZOOK
Veteran Member

TDI(s): ALH Samurai
Fuel Economy: pending

I didn't know about the codes when I did the swap,so I just removed the wires out of the harness .LOL. Been driving it like that for 2 years.
What is suppose to happen if done that way?
1.9ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote