2013 Jetta tdi

DYLANGLANCY77

TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I have a Jetta 2.0 tdi. I want to do away with the egr, and stock downpipe just so I can get a little more power,efficiency, and air flow from the motor any tips would greatly help I am new to diesels and also vw so I dont know what I'm doing lol. Do I need to tune the car after doing these things or will it be fine and not hurt the motor to do these things and not tune it at all?

w123houston

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 6MT
welcome. A stage 2 tune from Malone Tuning (ECO tune) with a buzzken dpf delete will be your simplest choice. Check the reviews on tunemyeuro site as well as search this forum. good luck, its worth it.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
I am assuming you have the extended factory warranty from the emissions mod. So why void that? Now?
Because these stock tdis are weak and tuning them makes them bearable to drive? Put an exhaust and tune from Green diesel or Malone and drive :)

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

DYLANGLANCY77

TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Ok, so if I just change the downpipe which erases the dpf and catalytic, do I need to tune the car just to remove that? I know I'll have a check engine light on but other then that will it hurt my car in the long run?

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
A good dyno setup to develop them is 200x that. There's cheaper options if you want to risk your car and possibly end up having to buy a second tune.

Tdtuning and rocketchip have been at it a long time as well but they charge similar.

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
It's just ****ty a tune is 600 bucks....
You get what you pay for. Quality, proven results cost money. Doing things on the cheap only goes one of two ways, either 1. You get little to no result at all OR 2. You end up causing more harm than good and end up spending a lot more in the long run.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
if you cant stomach the cost of a tune, don't bother modding your car.

theuprightbass

TDI
2011 Golf Highline
I have a Kerma tune with all stock emissions equipment in place. For $649 it’s definitely worth it for the increase torque/power with no need to touch anything else. It’s easily removable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
that was my point yahmon
OP is complaining about $300-$600
chump change in the modding world.
Clutch, turbo, nozzles and some gauges and what not to make it all happy will cost about $2,500-$3,000, and thats if you DIY it.
Cant afford the tune, don't mod. Tune is the best mod of all as it makes all other mods work better.

DYLANGLANCY77

TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Mongler98, I didnt ask for your personal opinion! I'm a 20 year old living on his own looking for a way to just get a little more pep! Not everyone has a lot of money so you dont have to tell me I'm too broke to afford it I didnt ask so dont tell

DYLANGLANCY77

TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Ok, so I read that on the 2013 vw Jetta tdi the fuel is not regulated once it leaves the injectors, therefore bigger nozzles wont effect the motor in a negative way without a tune. Is this true or does bigger nozzles require a tune also?

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
You'll need to tune for larger nozzles, and extrude honing on them is pricey, 1k+ flow tested properly.

Stock injectors are good for around 240-250bhp, stock turbo is good for about 185.

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Save for the tune. Watch for a used down pipe for sale on the parts forum. I gained 4-6 mpg with the deletes and tune. Your car won't know it's a used down pipe.

Piranhafreak

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I just did the Malone DSG tune and Stage 2 tune the difference is night and day and for the price of it you wont find better results on any reliable mods out there. I’m extremely happy and I have been communicating with Malone through email with very quick responses to all my emails

DYLANGLANCY77

TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I have a 2013 vw Jetta tdi, and I'm looking to get a camper but I cant figure out a towing capacity for it anywhere? Would I be able to haul about 2500 lbs or is that pushing its limits?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yes, that's pushing the limit. I wouldn't want to tow more than ~2000 lbs. for any significant distance. It can be done, but your insurance company probably won't cover any damage in the event of an accident.