Help will not start, fires tries to run, then dies, will not start after that

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
I am down and not starting, fires then dies, then will not run. Let sit and then try again, fires then dies, changed out the 109 to my spare no difference, any suggestions?
My dealer can not get to me till next Thurs.

M

mickey

Actually, you can remove the pluger from the cutoff valve and then reinstall the valve. You'd have to pop the clutch to get it to stop though.

I don't think it's the valve. That seems to be an A3 and B4 problem. They redesigned the valve for the A4s.

Have you messed with your fuel filter lately? It might be leaking air past the o-rings on the temperature control valve. Pull out the "hairpin" that holds the valve in place, then pull the valve straight out. Make sure the o-ring is intact and properly seated, then coat it with a little vaseline before you reinstall it.

If you have Wetterauer chips make sure they're properly seated. What I thought was a "relay 109" problem turned out to be poorly seated chips. Wetterauer had to replace the sockets for me. That has turned out to be a fairly common problem for their sockets.

-mickey

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Fuel filter has not been touched for 12,000 miles. Spare relay does not help. Will check "oring" will check the sockets next.

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Fixed, the shut off arm plastic arm broke allowing the flap to fall shut, thanks to all that responded so fast, the clues caused me to look over things and found the break.

S

SkyPup

nice work, you've gotta be real carefull with that little plastic piece when taking the EGR off for cleaning, it is easily broken.