PD115 AJM - Power enhancement

Rafly

TDI
Bora
Good evening,

So I have a PD115 with around 175.000KM/s.

It's fully stock, I'm trying to get to 250BHP in a reliable way, the mods I was thinking of doing are quite simple.

First of, I'd like to say that I did check on google and such, but all the threads around this topic are quite old and outdated and with so many improvements that have been made regarding TDI tunning in the last 5 years, I'm sure there are some new conclusions.

So, the mods I was aiming at are,

Stronger Clutch;
Turbo 2056 or even a 2260 maybe with MFS;
PD130 Injectors;
Straight pipe
- If 2056 (Downpipe 70mm rest 65mm)
- If 2260 (Downpipe 76mm rest 70mm)
Map Sensor 4bars;
FMIC;
Remap;

Would this setup be reliable, taking in concideration AJM internals? - I'm not gona race it daily, nor I'll go to strips aiming for times, but I'm planing to do launches and floor it from time to time, obvisouly, wouldnt mod it if I was gonna keep driving it normally. I've read in older forums that the conrods and injectors are the main difference regarding the ASZ engine for this type of HPs, but like I said they are old threads.

Whats your opinion regarding this matter?

I know having all those mods, the next step is getting bigger muzzles for the injectors, but, in case I don't do it now, when getting the mods I'm planning to do, should I get the conrods before the muzzles? Since with them and the remap it will probably get to 3xxbhp?

I know when tunning a TDI ASZ usually goes:

1 - Turbo/FMIC/Clutch/Straight Pipe/Remap
2 - Muzzles/Remap
3 - Head/Camshaft/Manifold worked
4 - Pistons & Conrods
5 - Camshaft(?)
6 - Nitro

Is this correct? Does an AJM to be reliable needs to swap any items in that list? I mean, swapping the order.

Thanks in advance.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Rods are softer than pd130 and the engine is known for head gaskets and lifting heads. 2260 is a big turbo, stick to smaller ones for your power goal...

Last edited: