2015 new car warranty vs. emissions warranty

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Need opinions please asap.. when it comes to the "loaner car" ..have a 2015 passat bought "new" with the bumper to bumper warranty (she says it's 5 years 60,000).. if a problem arises with a.. e.g. fuel pump..or other what does it fall under? the btb warranty or the emissions warranty as far as getting a loaner.. reason I ask is that i don't believe the btb warranty provides this, she has no paper work on it.. or does it? The car is being towed now to the shop for a "no start" issue. no codes.. ran vcds also.. no codes.. it will turn over but wont start..jumped it also.. no go..It's my daughters car and she has 2 little girls.. needs a car! Thanx!!

Last edited:

2010TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan TDI 6MT, 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (sold), 2014 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG (sold), 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI DSG
have a 2015 passat bought "new" with the bumper to bumper warranty (she says it's 5 years 60,000).. if a problem arises with a.. e.g. fuel pump..or other what does it fall under?
As far as I know, no 2015 VW was offered with anything other than a 3 year/36k mile warranty. The powertrain warranty on a 2015 MY was 5 year/60k miles, but hard to say if the powertrain warranty would end up covering something causing a no-start issue. That being said, if it did, it would most likely allow for a loaner.

Did your daughter buy a supplementary warranty on a used car ("new" as you say), or maybe a CPO? Was this car bought post fix such that it has the settlement mandated Extended Emissions Warranty
Coverage
(which would include a loaner)?

There was a warranty extension on the HPFP but unfortunately it does not apply to the 2015 MY.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Thanx..your right about the new car warranty times/miles.. the car was not a buyback...she bought it about a year ago from a VW dealer...it was sold as "new" with the new car warranty.. it of course had the first fix done before she got it..so the emissions warranty is also in effect..no supp. warranty..no need..with the new car warranty and the emissions warranty..should be fine..well we will see??. not to mention I own a shop also! Just needed to know if the "loaner" will fall under the emissions or new car warranty..if the dealer tries to pull a fast one? I appreciate it!

2010TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan TDI 6MT, 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (sold), 2014 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG (sold), 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI DSG
it was sold as "new" with the new car warranty..
If it is under 36k then the new car warranty should cover any issue it is having and a loaner should be provided. If the dealer "tries to pull a fast one," find a new dealer.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
If you go to a good dealer, they'll give you a loaner for anything that requires the car to be left overnight, no questions asked. I've had 2 different VWs serviced at two different dealers who I did not purchase the car from, and both gave me loaners from Day 1. No special warranty provisions entitled me to it.

Also, the bigger dealers generally have more loaners available.