Great Prices on 2015 TDI’s

sakonnet_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
I am in no way affiliated with this auto dealer in anyway. Not to offend anyone but the only person worse than a car salesman is a realtor and I never imagined myself promoting a car dealer. I have not purchased a car here due to bad timing on my part and inventory on their part. With that said it is really hard to find used 2015’s at a decent price. If you keep an eye on the site GSW and Golfs come up but most are Passats below 13K and Jettas below 11K. At one time they had a GSW SEL with 23k miles at $13999. Someone snapped it up on the third day. I know really nothing else about them but the prices seem decent. Not sure if this is proper to post this and I guarantee if it isn’t someone will chime in. The dealer is Off Lease Only and link is below and they are in Florida. If someone is able to save a little the post is worth it.

https://www.offleaseonly.com/mobile...e=used&param_make=Volkswagen&param_body=Sedan

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yeah, there are deals out there on '15 tdi's. Neither of those are Golf/GSW's btw.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
some of these " cheaper" cars from offleaseonly had an " accident history", have to be careful. They list these cars on Ebay as well and provide free carfax

Last edited:

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Ya, they generally deal in previous damage vehicles, but seem to be up front about it. Not write-offs, but any damage still kills the resale price. I've seen complaints about them, but seem to have been resolved. Best advice to anyone is get a third party inspection.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Yeah, used car places near me are getting a lot of the 2010-2014 Jettas and Golfs, and some of the '15 Passats and Golfs. It also helps that Adesa is only about 25 miles from them. We were looking at a '15 Passat w/ 29k, but wife ended up leasing an Impreza.....

bora2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 5-speed; 2009 Jetta TDI 6-spd; 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen; 2015 Golf TDI SE - Manual 6spd; 2012 Jetta TDI
Carvana has quite a few TDIs that are back on the market. I bought a 4-door 2015 Golf TDI SE with 25000 miles on it.
While the price was not as good as quoted in some of the above posts, I thought it was a fair at $17800. I got the TDI I originally wanted: with the light package and sunroof.
I'm quite happy with it. :)

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Carvana has quite a few TDIs that are back on the market. I bought a 4-door 2015 Golf TDI SE with 25000 miles on it.
While the price was not as good as quoted in some of the above posts, I thought it was a fair at $17800. I got the TDI I originally wanted: with the light package and sunroof.
I'm quite happy with it. :)
was it silver by chance? i was at the auction with carvana in Tracy a few months ago and they were scooping up TDI's left and right.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
Last year I got a cpo golf se 4dr with lighting package in Titanium silver for 16500. Had 20k on it.

Cpo has unlimited mileage wareanty for 5 years after factory expires, iirc.

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
was it silver by chance? i was at the auction with carvana in Tracy a few months ago and they were scooping up TDI's left and right.
Yep. For some reason, Carvana by and far has the most TDIs I can find listed online.
I think I read somewhere that dealerships (maybe specifically VW dealers?) aren't allowed to advertise the TDIs online. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I've been finding. Most dealers turning up dry. So far, Carvana has like 10x the selection of any other site - Cargurus, Autotrader, etc etc blah blah.
The only other place I've seen TDIs listed is those 'buy here pay here' independent dealers. Odd.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Yep. For some reason, Carvana by and far has the most TDIs I can find listed online.
I think I read somewhere that dealerships (maybe specifically VW dealers?) aren't allowed to advertise the TDIs online. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I've been finding. Most dealers turning up dry. So far, Carvana has like 10x the selection of any other site - Cargurus, Autotrader, etc etc blah blah.
The only other place I've seen TDIs listed is those 'buy here pay here' independent dealers. Odd.
that is too funny. i was at the auction when your car was sold to carvana, because i tried to buy it! PM me, im curious to know what you paid... i know what they bought it for.

what is happening is VW is buying the cars back and selling them through the ADESA auction channel. dealer only auction. i bought my car at the same auction run as that silver one that you ended up buying.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
oops i see what you paid. i am an idiot.

that is a very fair price you paid, because they bought it for around 13,800 if i recall.

xDieselxTunerx

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL, 2010 BMW 335d, 2014 BMW 535d
If you guys are looking for a dealer that has a great selection of TDIs at really good prices then I recommend Garage'd Motor Company in Laporte, CO. This is where we bought our GSW from and we are picking up a Golf from him this week. Working with Shawn the owner was definitely my best experience when it came to working with a dealer. Top notch customer service for sure.

https://www.garagedmotorco.com/

nomadic

TDI
'15 Golf TDI S dsg
I got my '15 4 DR Golf TDI S dsg from a dealer 8 miles away. They had quite a few TDIs. Mine had 13,800 miles. Paid $15,500. With tax, tags, license it was a little over $16,700. I thought it was a pretty good deal considering it was practically in like new condition.

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
I got my '15 4 DR Golf TDI S dsg from a dealer 8 miles away. They had quite a few TDIs. Mine had 13,800 miles. Paid $15,500. With tax, tags, license it was a little over $16,700. I thought it was a pretty good deal considering it was practically in like new condition.
Wow. that is pretty good considering the mileage.
Yes. that's my point as well. You paid something like 60% MSRP for a like-new vehicle with an insane warranty.

lehighcap

TDI
'05 VW Jetta 5-speed GLI wagon
Guessing I did good. 2015 TDI with 9,500 mi and two of the three year warranty remaining for $16,500 in March 2018 having just been serviced with a fresh oil change.

It's the base model. I would like to add fog lights in the factory location under the bumper. Does anyone have any insight on where or what I should buy? I would do the installation myself.

I did my first oil change this week at 18k. It was easy although jacking this car and placing jack stands is challenging especially to my knees. I think I will buy a set of scissors jacks and use those for jacking and support in the future.

Tin Man

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Daughter's: 2004 NB TDI PD GLS DSG (gone to pasture)
Guessing I did good. 2015 TDI with 9,500 mi and two of the three year warranty remaining for $16,500 in March 2018 having just been serviced with a fresh oil change.
It's the base model. I would like to add fog lights in the factory location under the bumper. Does anyone have any insight on where or what I should buy? I would do the installation myself.
I did my first oil change this week at 18k. It was easy although jacking this car and placing jack stands is challenging especially to my knees. I think I will buy a set of scissors jacks and use those for jacking and support in the future.
If the car has an oil dipstick, you're in luck: sucking the oil out with a topsider makes it much easier, and usually the oil filter is accessible from the top too.

TM

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
DSG's are a dime a dozen.

Manuals, however, are pricey

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Not where I bought my DSG. The manual was less w/similar miles.
This is also what I've been finding when looking at 100s of TDIs. The manuals are much less common than the DSGs, yes, but the manuals are priced lower used, as they were priced lower new (MSRP)

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I’ll be back in the market this coming week, as my son’s Golf just got totaled. I’ll update when I find something good.

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
Speaking of Off Lease Only...

I live in central Florida and purchased my 2015 GSW S TDI/dsg from Off Lease Only in Miami last Dec. My GSW had a clean vehicle history with 40k on it and I paid 12,999. I had been searching daily for a blue one and bought it the very 1st day it was in inventory. Since they hadn't uploaded any photos yet, they did text me a few while we were en-route.

It replaced a 2009 Mazda 6 with a manual and that was the 1st car we purchased at Off Lease Only in West Palm Beach in Nov of 2012. I sold the Mazda privately on my own. The GSW is the 13th purchase from them between family and friends.

As for the dealer experience, there is no haggling on the price, they give trade-in values below rough KBB book value (I highly recommend finding another way to sell your trade - we have had good luck selling ours ourselves) but my girlfriend has traded there twice. The finance/business office is where they really grab you by the short and curlies and I refinanced mine at my credit union before the 1st payment was due. Which I had planned to do ahead of time because they "don't accept outside financing."

Of the 13 vehicles that friends and family have bought from them, I have been present and sat through the entire purchase process for 11 of them.

A friend did purchase an extended warranty from them on her 2012 Escape Limited, and would later find that (like nearly every other extended warranty - I tried to tell her) it's almost worthless. My mother bought their GAP coverage on her 2014 Jetta, and has since complained that she couldn't refinance hers without coming up with about $2,000 (roughly the amount of the GAP insurance.) Naturally, I don't recommend either.

I do recommend Off Lease Only because it's difficult to beat them on price, they offer full vehicle histories right from the the website and they usually have a large selection. But I always recommend looking over the car very well because vehicle histories are commonly incorrect, along with a thorough test drive as the cars all come from auction. Many cars are in above average condition, but I have seen several I was afraid to test drive. (This is the same for all dealers)

Off Lease Only is almost always crowded and CrAzY busy, so have a meal before you go. I'm not thrilled with their finance office, but it's not any worse than any other dealer and we've been satisfied with most of our transactions. Once you have selected your new vehicle, count on waiting an hour or two (or longer) to get into the tiny little office and you WILL be in there for 30-60 mins. We have bought cars from them in Palm Beach (4), Orlando (6) and most recently Miami (3). They also have a location in Ft Lauderdale and another planned for Tampa and we are about 2 hours from all of them.

One of the best things about them, is that you can cross-shop every car on your list all in the same place. I'm also addicted to their website. But be prepared, it's not like a normal dealer.

With buying any used car... Caveat Emptor.

(Feel free to message me for tips... I can even be encouraged to tag along)

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
There are a lot of Golf TDI’s out there. The grail I was looking to find was one with both lighting package and factory warranty available. In short, one of the “new old stock” cars that entered the market in 2017, not a bought back then auctioned car.

I was successful, but had to drive about 5 hours each way to buy in Atlanta. The insurance settlement on my totaled Golf S was generous enough to allow me to move up to the SE with lighting package, 19K miles and 18 months remaining of new car warranty coverage. $15,700 plus $550 in document fees.

dasjefe

TDI
Golf Sportwagen
My criteria was: SE/SEL, low miles, not black or white, manual and lighting package. I had to get a car shipped to Texas from Oakland CA to meet these requirements. I didn't really get very far negotiating on price, but I feel like I got a decent deal. About $21k, car had 15k miles on it...

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I just bought a 2015 Golf TDI SEL with Lighting and Driver’s Assistance Packages for $15.5k (final price with fees). Only 45k miles, and has a service entry in the Carfax every 7500-10k miles all at one dealership. My local dealer ran the VIN for me and other than recalls, it has zero warranty work done.

Just finished flying to Chattanooga and driving it home. It’s perfect, just as I remember my 2010 and 2013 TDI’s, but being a 2015 it’s also better in every way. I discovered that the SiriusXM is still activated in it which is odd...maybe the previous owner bought a lifetime sub?

Here are a couple others I was considering:

http://www.chooserev.com/detail-2015-volkswagen-golf-tdi_sel_4~door-used-18008628.html

https://www.vwofrochesternh.com/veh...se-w-lighting-4-door-rochester-nh-id-26395460

VW of Rochester has a ton of them. And even better, they all have VW’s TDI CPO 2yr/unlimited miles bumper-to-bumper warranty in addition to the Emissions Warranty.

Last edited: