7200 Miles and still Happy But...

Indyrep23

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
I have 7200 miles on my 2011 JSW and twice I've noticed after turning off the engine and turning it back on, the TIME and TRIP counter have reset on their own??? Anyone else seeing this happen?

1st time= around 800 miles
2nd time = around 6,000 miles

Let me know if anyone else has seen this.

Ben

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Trip 1 or Trip 2?

pekosROB

TDI
2011 Golf 4dr
Info in bank 1 resets after ~2 hours.
Yep. If you drive your car before the 2 hours it'll keep calculating until it's off for 2 hours. Bank 2 resets at 10,000 miles or 100 hours or driving time. I don't know how (if you can) reset bank 2.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Yep. If you drive your car before the 2 hours it'll keep calculating until it's off for 2 hours. Bank 2 resets at 10,000 miles or 100 hours or driving time. I don't know how (if you can) reset bank 2.
Press and hold OK for a few seconds while in bank 2 (or 1 if you want to reset 1).

PlaneJob

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I thought the 'press and hold to reset' was intuitive. Just goes to show that Jay Vollmer was right when he said, 'The only truly intuitive interface is the nipple'.

pekosROB

TDI
2011 Golf 4dr
I thought the 'press and hold to reset' was intuitive. Just goes to show that Jay Vollmer was right when he said, 'The only truly intuitive interface is the nipple'.
haha +1

I need to find some time to go up to your neck of the woods and mess with the VCDS. But there's also some stuff I'd like to do to my truck as well, and driving costs money (but of course we don't pay near as much as everyone else). I'd like to do some mods on the car but I have no idea where to start. Maybe figure out how to put a gun rack or built in holster to the car? heh

Wish things didn't cost so much or that I could save better :D

PlaneJob

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Ankle holster... You can reach it in the car, and it goes with you. perfect, unless you are wearing shorts, then people look at me like I am a lunatic.

Come on - we can VagCom your car anytime.

pekosROB

TDI
2011 Golf 4dr
Ankle holster... You can reach it in the car, and it goes with you. perfect, unless you are wearing shorts, then people look at me like I am a lunatic.

Come on - we can VagCom your car anytime.
VagCom your car - why does that sound so dirty?

Ankle holster - funny you mention that, I eventually plan on getting a small 38 special revolver for just that purpose...