Fix and then tune??

rivermobster

TDI
JettaSportWagon
Has anybody done this??

Am I asking in the right place????

My 2011 Sportwagon paperwork is all filled out, I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to decide between getting it bought back or keeping it!

I drove a bunch of different cars today. Honda and Toyota models, except for the Si, none of em gave me a thrill.

So I was thinking I could just keep the car, let them do what they want to, and then throw a complete tune on the trans and engine when they are done with it.

There will be no warranty at that point, so it will never see the dealer again.

So why not keep it an tune it?? Is there any kind of problem with doing this??

Thanks in advance for the help, or, moving this post to the right place so I can maybe get an answer to this!

rivermobster

TDI
JettaSportWagon
Thanks man. I also actually read all 36 pages of the Gen1 fix thread! lol

That was an interesting read...

At this point, I'm pretty sure I will now keep/fix the car.

I've seen people talking about tuners, pump upgrades and all kinna stuff. I would have to guess some of these upgrades are dependable, and some are a bit edgy.

Is there a pinned thread on the "best practices" upgrades to this car?? As in what to do and in what order??

Thanks in advance for the help!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Given that you live in California, take the need for periodic emissions inspection into account.

Also, take into account the extended warranty provided with the "fix", which any subsequent tampering will void.

rivermobster

TDI
JettaSportWagon
Given that you live in California, take the need for periodic emissions inspection into account.

Also, take into account the extended warranty provided with the "fix", which any subsequent tampering will void.
Yeah, sadly I'm well aware! LoL

On my F350 I have a tuner for it. When it comes due for a smog, I tune it back to stock and smog it. When I get home, I tune it back to full power mode. Easy easy.

The warranty I'm not too worried about either.

So does someone make a tuner that works the same way as my truck tuner does?

Thanks in advance. :)