Dodge Dakota Quad 4X4 ALH

thechoochlyman

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
Just wanted to say, Great Read! I'm wanting to do a small truck TDI swap of some kind and I've been thinking Dodge Dakota just because I'm already big into the Dodge family.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Just wanted to say, Great Read! I'm wanting to do a small truck TDI swap of some kind and I've been thinking Dodge Dakota just because I'm already big into the Dodge family.
Better check with NW fab as they dont offer the same dodge kit I have anymore. There are some work arounds to this though and the Dakota platform is great for this type of swap IMHO.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
slight update. Time for a new starter after 6 years. still worked fine but the solenoid trigger wire connector had become loose inside from all the vibration and would occasionally no start. I can always bump start it or walk out and reach into the passenger wheel well and wiggle the terminal to start it but it gave me an excuse to see if a bigger 9004-12 starter would fit. Its just under a 1/4inch longer and I had to grind my motor mount a bit but works great. Spins it over very fast.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Original drivers side mount let loose and started buzzing the frame on the pass side. When loaded the driverside mount is in tension. Id say this is a maintenance item every 100k miles. Using f150 Hyd mounts.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Slight update. I finally loaded up the front axle.

Pattern was good on the second stab.

RCVs is way overkill but really not much more than crome-o shafts.

Used a Tom woods offset 1310 on the T-case side. as at full droop its over 30 degrees.

Locker cable isint installed yet but it locks with the driveaway bolt.

Also yanked the R520s for some DLC 1019. smaller I know but will work for now till I can get my R520s re-balanced as they were way overdue. Drives so much better and MPG are back.