2005 VW Touran 2.0TDI (140 Hp)

Rune J

TDI
Touran 2,0 TDI 140 (BMM)/170(BMN)
This is a report from the cold Norway.
I have a 2005 Touran 2.0TDI Highline(140Hp and DSG) with a long story of workshop visits.The big ones are listed here.
1:It all started with dieselheater problems.(It has been changed/repaired several times).
Result:All done on warranty.:)
2:My first turbo problem was in summer 2007 (at 90000km).It overcharged the engine (ECU didn't regulate pressure quick enough,so the engine went into limp mode).Frustrating when overtaking long trucks.
Result:Replacing turbo.All on warranty.:)
My second turbo "blew up" on me autumn 2008 (at110000km) when overtaking several trucks (doing 150+kmh),filling exhaust/cat. with oil.
Result:Replacing turbo and ALL exhaust from turbo and back to the end.All on warranty.:)
3:Complaining to dealer on coolant leakage on engine spring 2009.Dealer checks everything and replacing head gasket and doing 120000km service.
Two weeks later still water leakage.Complaints to dealer.
Result:Replaces engine.All on warranty.:D
4:Complaining to dealer that the cruisecontrol and DSG is not working like it did before engine change.
Dealer checks my car and write a report to VAG Germany and reports back that it had occured (on two cars)that updating software and changing engine (at the same time),the new software was malfunctioning.:confused:
Result:VAG Germany had to make new software to my car,since they couldn't put in the old software version back in.Got new software and the car works fine.:)
Except from these small problems the car is GREAT to drive.:cool: :D