Portland area caravan to Seattle 3/18/06 Bio-fest

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Buzzard Cake said:
Nice maps! Thanks!

Hee, Jet Puf, Oldpoopie and I will be in one car (mine), since we're married and he just brought his in to get fixed. :p We'll likely drive up the day of with y'all, not the day before.
By fixed, she means bodywork... Otherwise I'd be doing it myself of course!

Buzzard Cake

Where did you see that hospital sign
The Legacy Hospital up by NW 23rd. :p It's actually in the opposite direction of the gift shop, though!

By fixed, she means bodywork... Otherwise I'd be doing it myself of course!
Rut-roh, sorry 'bout that. Yes, we don't have welders at home.

Yet.

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
we should be there before 9. i'd like to be out of there before 9:30, the GTG organizers want the TDI parking filled no later then 10.

TylerSales

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 New Beetle
Thats what I thought. I always like getting places early if at all possible. So would pulling out of the APP in Fife at 9 be a better idea?

mobe

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
I'm going to be optimistic and be there at 8:30AM. What else am I going to do on Sat morning... sleep? I will need to top off anyhow.

If FlyTDIGuy shows early too up maybe he can rid me of my glowplug CEL while we wait.

Again, my cell # is a few posts north so call if you are delayed.

-Matt

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
I'll be there before 9am. I can clear your CEL but your ECU will reign. Until fixed, you will have the nuisance light to deal with. Aaron has glowplugs for $15. Hope you have that on your list.

mobe

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
FlyTDI Guy said:
I'll be there before 9am. I can clear your CEL but your ECU will reign. Until fixed, you will have the nuisance light to deal with. Aaron has glowplugs for $15. Hope you have that on your list.
Yeah, I replaced the bad one a couple/three weeks ago. Should have mentioned that.

Thanks FlyTDIGuy!

btw, it's nice to have you back on the forums, Pat. I was afraid we'd lost your wisdom.

Daan

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf TDI
Sorry, I won't be able to join the caravan. I'm gonna have my 6-yr old with me, so I'll have to do a blitz: wake up at more reasonable hour, drive, arrive. 6:30 @ safeway is a little too early...

Have fun !

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Daan,

I'm going to have the 15 yr. old AND the 3 yr. old with me!:eek:

The older one will be trying to sleep and the younger one will be pestering him.:rolleyes:

Oh joy! If you notice me steadily speeding up, you know I'm trying to get there sooner to get the damn kids out of the car before I lose my mind.:mad:

:D
Keli

TylerSales

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 New Beetle
Man o man what could possibly be higher on the list(no need to go into details just trying to relay my disgust, haha and im only kidding!)

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
okay. here's the list as of the GTG-eve

Portland: (leaving from Jantzen Beach Safeway)
11919 N Jantzen Dr. Portland, Oregon 97217

JetPuf (me)
nicklockard
keli_OR
RVDUB
Thom (still no word)
Buzzard Cake / OldPoopie

Tacoma: (new BioDiesel pump @ or around 9)
2401 70th Ave E Tacoma, Washington 98424

mobe
michael.
TylerSales

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
JetPuf (Brian) said:
I can be the lead car if noone else wants to take the reigns. I'll have my cell and an ear peice for anyone who wants to call me in route five zero three three two nine two one eight eight. I think it'd work well to have a lead car, and a last car. those two cars can comunicate often to keep the caravan intact.
Okay, I'll be the last car and keep stragglers in line (with a gentle push of the bumper :p ) You can arrange the 5-way conference call :p

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Return caravan was awesome

On a 4-way call: Rvdub, me, JetPuf, BleachedBora hitting a buck twenty three smoking a Honda...priceless.

TylerSales

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 New Beetle
Sounds like you guys had some fun!!! I cant wait till my commute down to school between Olympia and Centralia. May try to open it up a couple of times.