***SOLD*** 4 door 2003 golf tdi alh 5 speed for sale in maryland

wrasslinmike

TDI
2000 Jetta GL TDI
Pictures at this link:
This car has been my daily driver for the past 6 years, and it's treated me well the whole way (I've driven it back and forth from Baltimore - Boston 5x in the past year getting better than 50 mpg). The only reason I'm selling it is because I'm now in grad school in Boston, barely drive it anymore on a daily basis, and it needs a bit of work that I can't justify doing (described below) - so I hope to find it into the hands of a diesel enthusiast.

The good: Pretty darn clean, aside from usual dings, scrapes and wear that come with a 17 year old car. I had the fenders, bumper, and hatch replaced for free by a local dealership back in 2014 under the warranty/recall that stemmed from them using a water retaining sound dampener in the original fenders. The car is also due for timing belt/water pump, and I have the kit from ECS but haven't installed it and will include it in the sale. The car also has an upgraded speakers and a head unit that comes with a lifetime XM subscription, so you get all the basic channels without needing to spend a penny. Also, air conditioning blows ice cold.

The bad: As mentioned, it needs the timing belt/water pump kit installed (its about 80k since the last one which was a 100k kit). The suspension also needs replaced. It has raceland coilovers on it that I installed back in 2015 b/c they were all I could afford at the time. Also, I had the parking brake "tightened?" and now it requires a bit of strength to pull.

The worst: It leaks oil, presumably from where the oil pan bolts up to the transmission? (I'm not a mechanic, so I might be describing this incorrectly) But two years ago I hit a massive pothole and it cracked the oil pan. I bought a replacement stainless oil pan, and the mechanic I went to in a pinch (because I was stranded due to having cracked the oil pan) used bolts that were too long, and that's what is likely causing the oil to leak, or at least this is the best guess of NGP in Aberdeen. I've simply added a bit of oil once a week, accepted that it drips, and figured I'd get it fixed when I did the timing belt.

I might not be on here too often, so if you have any questions or want to check the car out, please don't hesitate to text my cell at 443 - 413 - 4253. Its located at my parent's house in Mount Airy, Maryland, and I'll be here sporadically throughout the summer, however they have the title and keys and can help out anyone who may want to purchase. I'm looking for $2200 cash, but may will consider trades that include a dji drone, camping supplies (or camper trailer) or anything cool really. - Mike

***EDIT*** Price dropped to $1900 (still open to a portion of that coming in a trade form)

***EDIT*** Sold for $1900

Last edited:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
how many miles are on this Golf?

Link doesnt seem to work for pics?