Dana Volkswagen Body Shop

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my positive experience with Dana Volkswagen, and their body shop in particular.

About 4 weeks ago I got caught in a winter weather 'event' that caused me to go straight off the road and wack the front end of my car pretty good. I had the car sent to Dana, as it was the closest place I could find from where I was in VT.

I've been in a rent-a-Ford-Focus since. That experience on its own bares comment: I missed my car! Ford has figured out it's suspension of course, but the overall tactile experience is one of flimsy, poorly actuating parts, so-so ergonomics, uncomfortable seats, and plenty of road noise.

But back to the point. I had to have my bumper, foglights, turn signals, and intercooler replaced. There was a back up of cars that came in that weekend, so I don't fault Dana for taking as long as they did. The repairs themselves required only three days. The only problem that came up was really beyond their control - getting VWoA to send them my intercooler on time (two days late). Otherwise, Dana set expectations appropriately, dealt with me honestly, and most importantly - THEY DID A GREAT JOB ON MY CAR. You cannot tell that I even had work done on it. Paint match and bumper cap placement is for all intents and purposes, perfect. I couldn't be happier.

Side note: since the car wouldn't be ready for a while when I arrived (Dana is in Northampton on the other side of the state from Boston), I wandered over to the showroom, just as some salesmen were fooling around with a Beetle Convertible (learning sales points). I role played the 'customer' and later went on a fine test drive on one of the first fine days of Spring. What a nice experience! 6-speed tiptronic, warm weather. Top down. Nice way to pass the time! Naturally the topic of TDI's and biodiesel came up and I was surprised to discover that BOTH the sales guys I spoke with had seen TDI's around Northampton with "Powered with Biodiesel" stickers on them. So they were already aware of it, but had no idea of all the facts, which of course I shared with them.

It sure is nice to be back in my car. The Focus had competent suspension, but my car just feels so much more substantial. Better seats, meatier steering wheel, MUCH MORE POWER!

Just thought I'd say so.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Good news and I can imagine it must be great to have your car back.

Keep the shiny side up!