Feeler - Any interest in group buy on 2.5/3 inch downpipes?

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
Hi Guys,

I had a beer with a fabricator this afternoon - we were speaking about downpipes for tdi's and he thinks that he can assemble stainless downpipes for somewhere around $400. He wants to try to do one on my car 1st to see how it goes.

I've found that JS Performance sells them for $520 + tax, and they appear to be the only Canadian vendor that sells them.

This would be for Quebec and Ontario residents only as I doubt he'll want to ship.

Thoughts? Reactions? Any interest?

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
I was at EMT this weekend and they told me they're going to be ordering in some downpipes and were trying to convince me I should get one due to problems I've been having with my stock downpipe. They didn't have a lot of details on pricing yet but they're another vendor to consider contacting if you're looking for a downpipe.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
Thanks for the information - I didn't know they were looking into that. The PP pipes look amazing, but are lots of $$$.

I will be getting a downpipe from my guy because they'll be locally made (about 5 mins from my folks house).

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Yatzee,

Are your folks in the GTA or en Montreal?

If they're in the GTA, post your results and the contact info. There are a lot of TDI cluubers tooling around with leaky front pipes, mine included...:rolleyes:

I would love to get a 3" stainless DP and never have to worry about it again, but $400 is a bit too dear for me right now.:(

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
The fabricator is located up here in the Montreal region. As for the price, we've estimated high - they may work out a bit less, but we'll only know once he's done mine, which should happen in the next few weeks. Also, there wouldn't be any shipping charges which would help the bottom line price....

VDubbing

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Galactic Blue
it will likely be late summer until i start on any performance for the car. I just bought a bike but Im sure now that i have an alternate form of transport i might leave my baby in your hands for some work in the near future.

Bush Hopper

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
97 Eurovan, 2001 Jetta and a few other
VDubbing said:
it will likely be late summer until i start on any performance for the car. I just bought a bike but Im sure now that i have an alternate form of transport i might leave my baby in your hands for some work in the near future.
That be great, anytime, having a alternate form of transportation helps.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
yeah, the bike is a terrific way to get around.

so any additional interest in DP? I have 1 person right now

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Anyone have one out of their car? I'd like to take it around town and price it out.

Bush Hopper

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
97 Eurovan, 2001 Jetta and a few other
yatzee said:
I just got the prices, next week, ill have 15 in stock:

Passenger Performance 2.5" Stainless ALH Downpipe and extension tube: $550 CAD ( free shipping in Canada )
Passenger Performance 2.5" Stainless BEW Downpipe, extension tube and o2 bung: $585 CAD ( free Shipping in Canada )

Last edited: