2015 TDIs - when will fix be available?

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Hi All!
Happy New Year to all!
We are hoping to purchase a 2015 GSW TDI from a dealership but these are not yet available for sale, as dealerships are waiting for the emissions fix for the gen. 3 cars from VW.
I have not been able to find any information on when this may be available or released by VW.
Has anyone heard anything from anywhere?
Any info appreciated.
Patience is wearing thin, and wondering how much longer we should wait.
Currently waiting on info before selling back my 2009 JSW TDI, as a replacement vehicle is needed before the sale of current car.
Thanks, Best Wishes to all!

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5213737&postcount=1

hints in the court docs.

for the first part of a two part fix, the due date is aug 15, 2017, with 45 days for the gov't folks to evaluate and approve.

they may do it faster, but i would not count on it.

assuming they get approval to sell with just the first part, I would not expect it before the fall.

then the question is if you still want the car after it has sat for two years.

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Thanks Mike!
Strange that the final submittal deadline for the gen.3 cars (8/15/17) is after the final submittal deadlines for gen 1 (1/27/17) or gen. 2 (3/3/17).
The gen. 3 (2015s) should be the easiest to fix, and dealerships still have many new ones on hand that they want to sell.
I am tempted by the 6spd Alltrack but would love that car with an EA288...such a great engine, going to the 1.8 l gas engine seems like such a step down...although I like the IRS on new cars...
Sad, but we can't always get what we want...(a 6spd Alltrack with TDI engine)!

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
How many miles you have on your 09?

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
How many miles you have on your 09?
Only around 62K...buy back around $15.5K
Was thinking about the fix dates: those are final submittal dates...one could hope/expect that VW would push the gen. 3 fix first as it should be the easiest fix to implement and would allow the sale of all 2015 inventory from dealerships, who would love to get rid of those ASAP:confused:
3 options I'm considering as replacement before doing VW's buy-back:
1- wait for 2015s to be available at dealership (have a refund. deposit down for one);
2- order a 6 spd 2017 Alltrack S - may get it around April/May this year?
3- wait till we can order 2018 6 spd Alltrack S - prob. Oct. 2017- delivery maybe Dec. 2017 ?
Concern with options 1 and 3 are the risk of my 09 either dying (HPFP but not very likely) or getting totaled (higher probability)
Would definitely do option 1 if it could happen soon...love the EA288, but not thrilled about the lack of IRS
I like the options on the Alltrack S trim for 2017, and concerned VW may remove some from S trim in 2018 (heated seats/V-tech seats/fogs), so may talk myself into option #2 :D

MTBTDI

Banned
TDI
2015 Golf S 6 Speed
I believe a "fix" for the 2015s has been submitted but not approved. No news of rejection yet but the crickets are deafening. I wanted the "fix" but if it drags on any longer I'll sell it back next summer before I need a timing belt and new tires. At almost 70K now.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I believe a "fix" for the 2015s has been submitted but not approved. No news of rejection yet but the crickets are deafening. I wanted the "fix" but if it drags on any longer I'll sell it back next summer before I need a timing belt and new tires. At almost 70K now.

any source for your belief?

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Only around 62K...buy back around $15.5K
Was thinking about the fix dates: those are final submittal dates...one could hope/expect that VW would push the gen. 3 fix first as it should be the easiest fix to implement and would allow the sale of all 2015 inventory from dealerships, who would love to get rid of those ASAP:confused:
3 options I'm considering as replacement before doing VW's buy-back:
1- wait for 2015s to be available at dealership (have a refund. deposit down for one);
2- order a 6 spd 2017 Alltrack S - may get it around April/May this year?
3- wait till we can order 2018 6 spd Alltrack S - prob. Oct. 2017- delivery maybe Dec. 2017 ?
Concern with options 1 and 3 are the risk of my 09 either dying (HPFP but not very likely) or getting totaled (higher probability)
Would definitely do option 1 if it could happen soon...love the EA288, but not thrilled about the lack of IRS
I like the options on the Alltrack S trim for 2017, and concerned VW may remove some from S trim in 2018 (heated seats/V-tech seats/fogs), so may talk myself into option #2 :D
your 09 is barely broken in

(I have 186,000 on mine)

I have looked at similar options. wonder why not get the GSW with 4 motion, or without.

I really do not want a glass roof, but do like the heated seats once in a while

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
What remains to be seen is what happens to vehicles that were never sold as new. They can't legally sell cars that are not fully compliant and it appears that these aren't. It's possible that they will have to wait until both phases are complete. It's possible that unsold vehicles will get different hardware. It's possible that they'll never be sold. Right now, the focus is on cars that are already on the road.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
What remains to be seen is what happens to vehicles that were never sold as new. They can't legally sell cars that are not fully compliant and it appears that these aren't. It's possible that they will have to wait until both phases are complete. It's possible that unsold vehicles will get different hardware. It's possible that they'll never be sold. Right now, the focus is on cars that are already on the road.
But I hope this means private sales of 2015s may open up post scandal. I want one in a couple of years.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
... but what will the fuel mileage be????
If I lose some mpgs but can get another diesel wagon w/manual tranny, I'll take it cause it can't be had anywhere else. Diesel Cruze hatch with manual may be a possibility, but I want wagon-like cargo space. Giving up diesel torque is a tough thing to do.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
The mileage will probably fall to what was on the window sticker - so they can say no change.

The performance will probably drop also, but the marketing dept will wordsmith it to minimize the change. No doubt we will eventually see a road test that will confirm one way or the other.

Don't think this changes their future diesel plans here in the US either.