What did you do to your MKVI-A6 Golf family/JSW today?

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
....noted the TPMS chime and icon. Went to tire folks. Nail. Fixed. No Icon. After two days chime/icon returneth. Reset

Hoping no more chime/icon.

ez

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
I'm fine, thanks for asking. Driver didn't even brake, hit me at 25-30 mph. More mad than anything.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
I'm fine, thanks for asking. Driver didn't even brake, hit me at 25-30 mph. More mad than anything.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Glad to hear that you're OK. As others have stated, stuff can be replaced. People, on the other hand, cannot.

whk1992

TDI
2012 JSW
Got rear-ended :mad:
I feel your pain. Exactly one month ago, someone hit my car from behind on a freeway and ran away. I got a dash cam, and it captured the license plate of the other driver. Anyway, the car ended up in a body shop for two weeks. My insurance company actually paid about $10,500 including rental car reimbursement. That's how bad the damages were. I was pretty upset, because I only had the car for 6 weeks... :mad:

Today, I changed oil for the first time. A buddy helped me out, and it was not as hard as I thought it would be. (This is my first car, so I know not much about maintenance.)

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 4dr Golf TDI 6-speed manual
Installed the first black anodized Contain Flow according to 2Micron. :) This thing looks super stealth. More pics in a new thread soon.

DSC09030 by DerekG710, on Flickr

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Installed the first black anodized Contain Flow according to 2Micron. :) This thing looks super stealth. More pics in a new thread soon.
Wantz! I wish that had been available when I bought mine. That thing is sweet looking!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Nice. I actually think both styles look super good.

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice. I actually think both styles look super good.
Yeah I do too.....actually didn't know it was going to be black until he sent me pics before shipping it.

I'm most excited about the fact it's now "one piece" with no banjo bolts or gauge fittings. Just less places where a leak could develop. The black just makes it look more like a factory install.

Here are a few more pics.

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen ~118K
Had our first trip to the dealer, had to get the ignition cylinder/ steering wheel locked replaced. ($720 later)

On the bright side, about a month ago I found a good deal on some winter tires/ wheels off of a passat that was getting turned in, and scooped them up! There a bit bigger than stock 235/45R17 vs 225/45R17, but they work great! There is some rubbing when you hit bumps. They work great though! 400 for a set of nearly new winter tires and rims, I couldn't turn it down. I'll add pics once I get home.

Work queued up for spring/ summer: Replace springs/ struts all around, get a couple inches of lift, Replace brakes all around, new summer tires as the conti's are nearly toast, and lastly, get the frost heater installed.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
A little delayed, but a little over a week ago, bought a used Bosal hitch and removable receiver from another TDIclub member in Houston, and 6 OEM oil filters from another TDIclub member in Conroe (north of Houston). Toyed with the idea of buyback briefly in January and decided no, I love my JSW too much. It's also the lowest mileage vehicle I own (178K, the highest is 285K). Also put down a $200 deposit for a 6MT from another TDIclub member for an eventual DSG -> 6MT swap, that I get to pick up on my next road trip.

Also got a new windshield installed from Safelite and the glass quality and workmanship SUCKS! Safelite is redoing the install and repainting the trim along the front because the previous installed f***** up the urethane sealant, and I'll be paying the difference to get an OEM windshield. Not getting the hail dents removed, since I don't plan on ever selling my JSW; it still rolls coal just fine with dents and all!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Work queued up for spring/ summer: Replace springs/ struts all around, get a couple inches of lift, Replace brakes all around, new summer tires as the conti's are nearly toast, and lastly, get the frost heater installed.
The stock Contis that came on the car (if that's what you had) suck. I think I barely got 23K out of them. I have ExtremeContact DWS06 on mine now, and the last pair lasted about 50-60K. LOVE how they feel on the road, and they work fantastic even when there's a fair bit of water on the road. Ended up getting Continental tires on my other two TDIs as a result; PureContact on the wagon and TrueContact on the Golf (although the ExtremeContact isn't available on a 15" rim :( ).

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
I have ExtremeContact DWS06 on mine now, and the last pair lasted about 50-60K.
Thanks for the reccomendation! Thats what we'll go with. Without looking i'm not sure whats on the car meow. Its got 86K, so I imagine is the 2nd set, and they are damn near toast.

How long have you been running the tune on your car? After all this TDI-gate crap settles out, i plan on running a similar setup and keeping it forever.

Thanks!

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
Took out the titan black cloth seats and swapped in a set of GTI plaid seats. Changes the entire interior of the car and I love it! If you're looking for a super clean interior I have all the seats posted for sale in the classified forum.

ttcheung

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen 6MT
Installed 17x8 silver ADVAN RS wheels onto my JSW. Car is lowered on Neuspeed Race and Koni Yellow.

JSW_Jim

TDI
2011 Jetta SportsWagen
Sadly, I took my beloved JSW back to the dealer today as part of the buyback. I loved that car, but the last straw was the pesky check engine light that indicated a potential HPFP failure that happened back in late October. She's sat idle in the drive since. Her turn in appointment was this afternoon. Pushed her into the street so I could load her onto the car dolly. Towed her 10 miles to a spot just around the corner from the dealer. Started her up, backed her off the dolly, drove slowly to the dealer and turned her off. So sad. Bittersweet. But now I'm relieved that it's over. I'll miss you sweet Jetta!

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
Went to the dealer and had my exhaust flap replaced under warranty. Had a reoccurring "p047f"(exhaust flap stuck open) code pop up. Thanks to this forum I found out that VW extended their coverage on this part.

It was the first time I visited the VW deal and didn't have to break out a form of payment!

Last edited:

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI

Replaced the air intake filter (and the cabin filter as well). I followed the 60k mile VW recommended interval. Given that the OEM filter only cost me $20 (and about 5 mins to replace it) I'll be doing it much more often the 60k miles as the old one was quite dirty. Hopefully she'll breath a little easier and cleaner now.

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
Air Lift 1000

Write up/vid/review coming soon with better quality pics :)

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
Oil/filter change, @90k.

Purchased: timing belt kit/ water pump/ pads and rotors all around, plus brake fluid for a flush.

Plan on doing the brakes before memorial day, and the timing belt stuff at the end of the summer.

Anyone know the expected alternator/ serpentine belt lifespan?