Decision, decision, decision

MarcSays

TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI
:confused: :confused: What to do? :confused: :confused:

I was just told by my doc that I need to have surgeries, right shoulder and left foot and the recovery time is 4-6 months.:(

This presents a big problem since I am a proud owner of an '04 Jetta GLS and its has a manny tranny. I bought it just last May for $18k plus the tags, with no $ down. So I am upside-down, which I didn't care at the time, since I was planning on keeping it for at least 8 - 10 years. I've already put on 38k miles.

I can't afford 2 car payments since I am on work comp pay, single dad, with 1 in college. So I will have to trade this is on a vehicle that has a auto tranny and get's at least 28+ MPG, and take a hit OR ???????????

Anyone interested in buying a '04 Jetta GLS TDI w/63k miles for the payoff? it comes with a ext warranty?:D

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Go buy a beater from a town or county auction for $700, drop the insurance on the TDI to only comprehensive and take it off the road. Insure the beater with only liability and beat the crap out of it for 6 months. You'll eat it on gas cost but so what.

You will need to focus on recovery - doing an Elwood Blues for that time would be a fun diversion.

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
Anybody out there who is contemplating a tranny swap to manual want to just trade cars instead?

Good luck with your recovery!

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
MarcSays said:
:confused: :confused: What to do? :confused: :confused:

I was just told by my doc that I need to have surgeries, right shoulder and left foot and the recovery time is 4-6 months.:(

This presents a big problem since I am a proud owner of an '04 Jetta GLS and its has a manny tranny. I bought it just last May for $18k plus the tags, with no $ down. So I am upside-down, which I didn't care at the time, since I was planning on keeping it for at least 8 - 10 years. I've already put on 38k miles.

I can't afford 2 car payments since I am on work comp pay, single dad, with 1 in college. So I will have to trade this is on a vehicle that has a auto tranny and get's at least 28+ MPG, and take a hit OR ???????????

Anyone interested in buying a '04 Jetta GLS TDI w/63k miles for the payoff? it comes with a ext warranty?:D
I've got a one owner, 01 GLS Jetta sedan auto in uniblack with gray cloth and only 49K miles. It's a very decent, well maintained unit. Lemme know if it would help you out or if you would want me to shoot you over some pics. Best regards and Later!, Harv

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
MarcSays said:
Harv,

That sounds great, but what can we do on mine?

Marc
Swap? Trade? Barter? Exchange? Discuss Options that might work for the best interest of both parties? I also have other units that we can discuss. Later!