Wet floor driver side

VWblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
I found my driver side floor very wet.

Today heavy rain and I believe somewhere leak into my car. And my vent is open and I should close vent and will stop leak?

Or else somewhere? Let me know.

Thx

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
My '06 did this to the rear passenger side and some in the front passenger side floor. I suspect sunroof drain problems but have yet to confirm it. For now I park on my sloped driveway with the nose downhill if rain is expected and it hasen't leaked again yet. It was parked nose uphil when it leaked the first time.

I hope to fix it soon... I understand that there is a class action suit against VW but we may be too late to get anything from it. My local dealer in Chattanooga, TN said that there is no recall or sunroof related problem with my car according to the vin... Ya, I trust them...

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Open driver and passenger door and check the rubber nipple on the car frame towards the front of the door. I'm sure someone will post a picture. Anyhow, your sunroof drains are probably clogged. There is a TSB on this. Basically, take a pair of scissors and cut off the tip so that the drain is wide open.

If you don't have a sunroof, then obviously it's something else.

VWblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
Open driver and passenger door and check the rubber nipple on the car frame towards the front of the door. I'm sure someone will post a picture. Anyhow, your sunroof drains are probably clogged. There is a TSB on this. Basically, take a pair of scissors and cut off the tip so that the drain is wide open.

If you don't have a sunroof, then obviously it's something else.
Yes I do have sunroof. I will check tomorrow with drain hose.

And what is TSB?

Thx

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
VW has a TSB for that issue as posted above, your local Dealer can take care of it No Charge. Just print out the TSB and take it with you to the dealer, 5 minute fix.

MrVermin

VWblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
VW has a TSB for that issue as posted above, your local Dealer can take care of it No Charge. Just print out the TSB and take it with you to the dealer, 5 minute fix.

MrVermin
I found TSB said:

6007-06 JUN 07 Body - Sunroof Malfunctions or is Inoperative

That's correct?

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
I thought I had found the source of the leak on my driver side. The grommet for the hood release cable had a mouse nest around it. No joy though.
It poured here last night, both outside and into my car.
I don't have a sunroof.
I'm starting to think it will be less effort to build a garage than find the leak.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Also may want to remove the inner wheelwell liners and remove the dirt, leaves and debris that accumulates over the years

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I thought I had found the source of the leak on my driver side. The grommet for the hood release cable had a mouse nest around it. No joy though.
It poured here last night, both outside and into my car.
I don't have a sunroof.
I'm starting to think it will be less effort to build a garage than find the leak.
You may want to check the Windshield seals. I encountered that issue when I borrowed a friend's car while mine was out of service. The windsield seal was leaking and while it rained it came in down the "A" pillar.

Just a thought.
MrVermin

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
You may want to check the Windshield seals. I encountered that issue when I borrowed a friend's car while mine was out of service. The windsield seal was leaking and while it rained it came in down the "A" pillar.

Just a thought.
MrVermin

That's something I HAVEN'T checked. I need a windshield as well. Winter casualty. And it started leaking at about the same time. hmmmmm

Good idea. I'm heading back to Wroth this week for rear struts and axle bushings. I'll ask about it.

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
this bloody car is starting to turn into my worst headache ever. Rain last night. new windshield. There must have been 2 litres of water on the driver side floor.
I'm getting the radio replaced in a few hours. maybe Future shop can see where it's coming in. Everything looked good in the plenum, mouse nests not withstanding.

VWblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
this bloody car is starting to turn into my worst headache ever. Rain last night. new windshield. There must have been 2 litres of water on the driver side floor.
I'm getting the radio replaced in a few hours. maybe Future shop can see where it's coming in. Everything looked good in the plenum, mouse nests not withstanding.
Did you modify your sunroof drain? They modify my jetta last week and no more leak into my jetta.

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
Where can I find a wiper arm puller for reasonable money? The cheapest I found is 35.00 which is more than it needs to be.
It's not the right fix but I'm going yo open the plenum (with wiper arm puller in hand) and spray the cavity with a good coating of undercoating spray.

One other question. There is a small sensor clipped under the plenum on the driverside. Is it a temp sensor?