DieselGate -> TDI pricing

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Anyone have any recent experience in finding better deals on TDIs now the word is out on dieselgate? I haven't seen any noticable price drops in various ads, but that doesn't mean dealers aren't anxious to unload what they have.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I know that. Just hoping someone has been TDI shopping recently and could share what they are finding. I ask here since US is totally different.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
You're only option is to look at private TDI sales. I image prices will or have dropped as people try dumping their vehicles.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
From what I've been seeing on kijiji nothing has changed unfortunately... All prices seem to have stayed around the same... The ones that are cheap raise concern since there isn't much of a description in the ads

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I was thinking they would drop if the used market become flooded. I wouldn't be surprised if people started to dump their TDIs.

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
Dealership send a letter to me ... they want my TDI ... says they are lacking inventory of used cars. I like my 11yr old TDI ... not selling or trading

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Dealership send a letter to me ... they want my TDI ... says they are lacking inventory of used cars. I like my 11yr old TDI ... not selling or trading
Same here... Did not get a letter, but we love our TDI and it will not be SOLD at this time..., and if, I sell it PRIVAT:rolleyes::cool:

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I picked up a 2012 Golf TDI (Comfortline) from a Toyota dealership a few weeks after 'dieselgate' happened. Deals can be found if you stay on top of what's for sale and you act quickly.

I found this car on Car Guru's.

MoldovaDIZEL

Vendor
TDI
mk4 TDI, 98 Cabrio AAZ
$2000 customer appreciation for TDI 2.0 owners 09+ looking to trade theirs or buy another car with a gasoline motor is the promotion for new side+current other month to month incentives

For pre owned there are certainly good deals to be had, just financing is bank rate, so if paying cash or in need of financing a line of credit is best to use....

Yes even V6 TDI are selling but again not through the CPO program so no VW Financing/no VW certification standard/no vw extended warranty option, just sold as Ontario certified and e tested.

The V6 TDI is a communication issue between manufacture and federal agency, a quick easy fix....

Last edited:

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
$2000 customer appreciation for TDI 2.0 owners 09+ looking to trade theirs or buy another car with a gasoline motor is the promotion for new side+current other month to month incentives

For pre owned there are certainly good deals to be had, just financing is bank rate, so if paying cash or line of credit its pretty good....

Not bad, as long as the trade in value hasn't been depreciated due to this. Thought they call get my TDI from my cold dead hands :)

WolfsburgGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK VI Golf TDI
Kinda sucks that people who may find a TDI for steal, won't be eligible for the $1000 from VW as of November 8th. Granted if they got a good deal on the car, the $1000 might not be worth it.
Happy I got my CPO a month before the dieselgate came to light.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I also know a young woman who loves her diesel, had VWs before, leases and loves a BMW now, but says she is going back to VW...addicted to torque I guess. Not a bad addiction... :-D

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
They SAY that, but have read several stories of when push comes to shove the dealer give them the old "poor resale value" excuse.

Have been think 335d for a while now, but concerned about repair costs. Getting harder to find one with acceptable mileage that is not a base model. Since CAN/US$ conversion sucks, importing one is not feasible.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
A local used car lot has two '13 Jetta TDIs with x <70k miles for around $14,500. That's what my VW dealer offered me for trade-in a few weeks ago. Before this news broke....a ~3 model year old Jetta TDI would have been around $17,500 in my area.

Last edited:

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI