Replacment for displacment!!!!!

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
So the limitation of the ve was max fuel delivery vs max rpm......whereas the in-line pump delivers at higher rpm and helps to control the low down torque.....

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
So the limitation of the ve was max fuel delivery vs max rpm......whereas the in-line pump delivers at higher rpm and helps to control the low down torque.....

The inline pump will still deliver 250cc's at any speed form Idle to 4800 rpm.Its actually a challenge to rev up the engine without over fueling it to the point where it stalls out.

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
Pullers get to that point. They will add fuel to the point it actually cools it down. Like you said it starts to "flood" it out.

Awesome vid. I remember seeing the car @ WF15. Never did get a chance to see you run.

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
I know a TDI which has best power @6800rpm. A race engine, but still.
Crazy! :eek:

Didn't even think that was physically possible on a TDI considering the short time window for combustion when rev'ing that high. Crazy high PCP?

Dyno sheet, please ;)

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Crazy! :eek:
Didn't even think that was physically possible on a TDI considering the short time window for combustion when rev'ing that high. Crazy high PCP?
Dyno sheet, please ;)
It can happen... Mine, along with a few more of us over here, will rev to 6000 without much of an issue.. Fueling is definitely a problem way up high though.. My 99 with stock internals put up with 5800rpm for quite a long time..

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
It can happen... Mine, along with a few more of us over here, will rev to 6000 without much of an issue.. Fueling is definitely a problem way up high though.. My 99 with stock internals put up with 5800rpm for quite a long time..
i know 6k is possible on a TDI, but there is a long way up to 6800rpm, and the increase in PCP would be sick! I'm revving over 6k every day in my daily beater, but thats a 1.6TD (IDI) ;)

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
I only have a new stock oil pump and the pressure is low.Definitely could use a higher flow pump or even a smaller oil pump drive sproket.When the oil is up to operating temperature the pressure drops to 0 psi at idle on my gage.I know its not actually at 0 psi beacuse I use the vw oil pressure switch to power up my feed pump relay and the fuel pump has never quit and the pressure switch is .9 bar/13.2 psi.

It would be nice to see 450-500 bhp from this engine.

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
Be carefull when starting to rev it up with faster rotating oil pump. On our MB oil pump starts to cavitate at ~7000rpm.

v8 coupe

Veteran Member
TDI
09 rabbit 2.5L Gas
I just did this to my ALH and you will also need the updated BRM chain tensioner. these are currently in short supply in NA ( I work at a dealer I just check on availability for mine), took me 3 weeks to get the sprocket and chain.

Keebler145

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MKIV 2000, 2003, and MKV 2006 PD DSG
Franko6 carries them in stock almost ALL the time....

ahem edited for not reading the above posts haha

Last edited:

cwarner

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta also have a 2001 Dodge ram /Cummins
Just a question. Everything you've done is way over my head so don't flame me if it's a stupid question. In the video it looked like you had to rev it quite a bit to build boost. Is there any way you can add a two step like the gasser drag cars ? This is how they control boost off the starting line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd9O4mHYfc

Kudo's to you though, awesome fab work and can't wait to see it all dialed in.

Thought this out and there would be no way to do it. On gassers the two steps/ and or rev limiters are going thru ignition modules.. no way to to that on a diesel.

Last edited:

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
Just a question. Everything you've done is way over my head so don't flame me if it's a stupid question. In the video it looked like you had to rev it quite a bit to build boost. Is there any way you can add a two step like the gasser drag cars ? This is how they control boost off the starting line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd9O4mHYfc

Kudo's to you though, awesome fab work and can't wait to see it all dialed in.

Thought this out and there would be no way to do it. On gassers the two steps/ and or rev limiters are going thru ignition modules.. no way to to that on a diesel.

Hi,We have got alot figured out and I now have a line lock to hold the front brakes.I can now build plenty of boost and take off quite well.

I was at the drag strip yesterday and made 4 runs without breaking anything :).

11.470 @ 122.79 mph with a 1.872 0-60 time.

The car is working well but there is more potential.The tires are old and I could'nt hook up as well as I should.We know that this engine can more power and the car might be swapped out for a mk2 golf.