270bhp on stock injectors? (PD130 ASZ)

Sheppy

TDI
Polo GT TDi, 2260, Stock injectors, 225bhp
Great thread, sort of. :cool:

Skillturbo's, kudo's on your power level but your smoke free tune is laughable at best. If you drove that around here, you'd be neck punched for being a dick. I am surprised the Police haven't pulled you over or some enviro **** hasn't made you suck on your own tail pipe. :eek:
................. his car is built for drag racing. Pretty simple to not smoke on the road.... just don't put full throttle?

Every high power TDI you find on the drag strip which is worth something produces considerable smoke....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd-hQoPD4TQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6n8XAUy-g

Im abit lost with the HP and BHP quotes as the pd130 is 130HP at the crank. So are these 230hp 270hp figures crank or wheel/load based. I ask this because my tuned pd130 with 1.5 bar , 35 degrees exhaust fmic, gives me 150bhp, 1.85 bar with 27/38 gtb2260vk gives me 190bhp. 230bhp maybe with boost like 2.2 bar? 42degrees.... but 60 degrees? Dont you come to a point where you are injection during the exhaust stroke? I just feel that insane durations 45 and above dont make sense mechanically. Im trying to get my mind around all this.
We are talking about crank power.

Yes obviously the exhaust valve opens at some point, that point is 61.8 degrees ATDC.

More fuel is more smoke thats why we tune diesels.
Apparently.
Hah, looks whos back with more salty worthless dribble comments lacking any reasonable diesel knowledge :D:D:D:D

What's your point again? We tune deisels...... because more fuel.... is more smoke? Even that doesn't make sense, because if you add more air along with more fuel, you don't get more smoke............

You need a lot more than 270.bhp to be doing 107mph @ 401m
More worthless dribble, did you forget exit speeds depend on the weight of the car? How exactly did you calculate that you need "a lot more than 270bhp"? What experience is this based on? What weight vehical are you talking about? 2000kg???????

107mph terminal speed is PERFECTLY reasonable for a 1 tonne or less car.

In fact, here's a Lupo doing exactly that.........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdRlXskkAWQ

Just to set the record straight for those who don't know and have to read this crap and take it for truth

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
................. his car is built for drag racing. Pretty simple to not smoke on the road.... just don't put full throttle?

Every high power TDI you find on the drag strip which is worth something produces considerable smoke....
Not really. Last time I checked Bobby Singhs 12.1 pass there was no smoke. Yet it being a full street car weighing excess of 1.8 metric tonnes.

There are some other fast diesel cars too running a normal lambda and therefore no smoke.

The difference between no smoke and a lot of smoke is, lets say when injection atomisation and window are good. Less than 10% at high rpm. Difference between lambda 1.05 and 1.15. In a normal case in a modern DI diesel engine during steady state WOT you are almost always egt limited past 4k rpm

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur

Sorry, then that's a tuners bs way of saying smoke makes power. Many diesel tuners have figured out how to make power without that dumb smoke screen that piss's everyone off. :mad:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Sheppy, why wait months to reply? That reply wasn't even worth your time.
A Lupo is not a Polo or Ibiza or Fabia, is it?

Sam Levett's Fabia is doing 110 or so 401m, and he has claimed 380bhp.
My friends Passat PPD170 is also doing 110+ mph terminals with similar power.

Previously it was said that basically, smoke is good, that is why we tune diesels. Wrong, in my eyes. But that's what Skillaturbozzzzzzz said.

Yes car has high egts
Durations it's my settings and don't need your opinion if it's good or not.
Capable of more than 270bhp on std injectors. YES just need to know how to do it...
Smoke levels acceptable??? What is the point of having a diesel car not making smoke and trying to get lots of power out if it???
My car on streets doesn't make a bit of smoke unless you want.
MAHA dyno result coming soon and then want to see what crap will come out lol

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
How much time on 402 had that fabia and passat lost with FWD with all that power and torque?

Helmut3

TDI
Golf 2001 TDI
The difference between no smoke and a lot of smoke is, lets say when injection atomisation and window are good. Less than 10% at high rpm. Difference between lambda 1.05 and 1.15. In a normal case in a modern DI diesel engine during steady state WOT you are almost always egt limited past 4k rpm
Hi Rob, in practice does lambda 1,05 have more power than 1,15? theoretical says 1,3 is ideal.

blajetoo

TDI
VW Golf 1.9TDI AHF
Today I made 1.9tdi 131hp stock with GT2056v,FMIC,MAF OFF,63mm full exhaust,popcorn rev limiter.Car is now on 1.95bar boost and 46degree duration and 31dgeree SOI and made 272hp/569NM on crank ;)

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
when you will move from tractor industry to compound?
Gtb2060vklr is far from tractor industry parafenalia ! It’s one of the most advanced small frame turbochargers available for automotive industry ! I think you should refrain from trolling the forum, all I have seen in your posts is my di**k is bigger than yours kinda talk !

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I dont agree either, fact fastest sh|thole romanian 3.0d goes 2s faster than uk's best :)
measured by racelogic on 100-200.
i was wrong, it's 2.2 seconds faster, that alone should tell you how incompetent we are around here.

Last edited:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
303 hp stock fuel pump stock head on a 2.0 cr yes legit dyno my friends.

Mac you change your tune daily
Only a week ago you were telling me "I finally realise local tuners are lying" about our friend at DIO and "dynos here already over estimate"

Now you are back on saying how amazing they are.

hahahahahha

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Dont know who's got 303 on stock pump , they have a pump bigger than your 505hp one lol
About the hp..no comment.
Who is talking about dio? There are actually better tuners here :)

And yet that tuner did 12.0 and 11.8 on 402m.

Dont piss against the wind, you might get the taste of it.

I repeat myself, LOL as much as you want, but give us something else than optimistic dyno runs and sh:t.
And please no youtube videos as proof of performance. LOL

And please change the disc, we've had enough of your head chocking and lambda 1.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
C'mon guys, you both have sweet builds. This isn't F1, and you aren't Senna and Prost. No need for bad blood.

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Dont know who's got 303 on stock pump , they have a pump bigger than your 505hp one lol

I repeat myself, LOL as much as you want, but give us something else than optimistic dyno runs and sh:t.

And please change the disc, we've had enough of your head chocking and lambda 1.

Ummmmm your friend who had the Passat or whatever. You went on about it for a long time :)

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=467364&page=2

Think you said Eric tuned it.

Then you said to me he was over optimistic dyno and gave you a bad tune.
That's after you tried to get me to let him remote tune my car...apparently it was tuners fault i had no more air flow :)

This is why we don't help you, we give you valid info and you laugh at it, call us liars, bad tuners etc,

Your build is very good and you know from speaking on FB i hope you get to completion with it . And maybe meet somewhere for a european drag day or track event.

But one day you say you hate romania dyno or your local tuners next day you are saying how good they are

That is what i do not understand.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I was talking about one, imagine how many there are in Ro lol.
That passat has R90 CP4 pump.
There is racelogic, a way to measure performance and compare result around the world. Borrow one.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI

Mac I don't understand what you trying to say. Obviously this 505hp comment is directed towards me.

Are you suggesting you know of a Audi 3.0 TDI that does 100 to 200 in 7.5seconds?

If so that very fast. One thing I would say Tipronic (6hp) might be a bombproof but its not the fastest gearbox box for gear changes so it would make sense for a manual to be quicker. If you have a 1:1 car ie with tip box that would be a fair comparison.