BORA TDi 150 cv -

Sacha

Veteran Member
You lucky son of a gun
I really like the euro cluster look, love the sports seats, climatronic, ESP, euro head rest, 6 speed tranny, the 150hp engine, etc........ Gotta get myself a job in Europe real bad

Just lower it a bit. Otherwise, it's VERY nice.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Blaupunkt ]</p>

Racer

Hi there

Blaupunkt i dont wanna lower the car, cause our
roads at Portugal are so F%$&# bad,with millions of huge craters, if i lower the car i cannot enter my garage,and i damage the front bumper.

regards

ps: i forgot to tell that with this car,i can ride
with no stress at 230/240 kph (143/149 mph)

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Racer ]</p>

peter pyce

Veteran Member
I wanted to say something about those 150 hp VWs in Europe ........ but then my eyes were filling with thears and I started crying as I was thinking about how I also bought a new Jetta a month ago, but "she" has only 90 miserable horses ...... So, my keayboard is now not working due to the large amount of tears in it and I can't really continue this posting .........

Enjoy Racer, Enjoy as much as you can ...... and I will try to fix my keyboard......

chopchop

Top Post Dawg
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blaupunkt:
...... Gotta get myself a job in Europe real bad......

<hr></blockquote>

...And suffer the EU and all its shenanigans, the French, the damp, the cost of fuel, and the ripoff prices, too! Just enjoy your 90BHP Tdi - you can always pretend it's the Euro 110 - same engine, detuned for crap diesel.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Rich ... go slowly man, somebody here may be French and would not be happy to read your stuff .....

Sacha

Veteran Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pyce:
Rich ... go slowly man, somebody here may be French and would not be happy to read your stuff .....
<hr></blockquote>

LOL, I dont mind it peter, i'm still a proud Québécois

Ilived in Germany most of my life, and it's true, it's very expensive.

Racer

yes, its "hard" to live here also, my car costed
me 32500 USD ....Portuguese car owners pays a lot of taxes,my car without taxes costs...21000 USD.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
I lived (and was born) in Europe most of my life too, and actually I am not too sure whether I prefer 150 HP PD for 32.5K with fuel cost which is also 3 times more there, than sticking with my 90 HP (well, is not 90 hp anymore
) and having fuel at the modest price of 0,39$ per liter .....

Anyway, all of you there .. French, Portugese and so on ..... just enjoy your TDIs no matter what! And do not sell them to buy crappy second hand M3

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: pyce ]</p>

Racer

well, if you drive the 150 Tdi version, you WILL NEVER want to drive the 90hp anymore,and the interior of the european version dont have anything to do with USa/canadian.
The price of diesel is higher,but the quality is better than yours,thats the main reason that u dont have the 130 and 150 versions, besides EPA.
The rides great and accelerates like hell.

regards

ps: TDi rulesss

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Racer ...... everything comes at a price in this world! Yes, your car is great, with great interior and engine, BUT ...... I got mine for less than 20K, which makes it cheaper by 12.5K than yours, right? ..Well, if I want to invest that extra money in my 90 hp jetta, I am sure I can make it at least as fast and even nicer than your stock
So, enjoy your new toy and keep distance from the slower traffic infront of you as the breaks are not as great as the engine

Racer

well your car is cheaper by 12,5 k, but its taxes,cause at spain my car costs 22300 USD.
And dont you be fooled, by chips and stuff like that,the difference its not just remapped ECU, to anchieve this kind of power with your non PD engine,interiors and chassis u have 2 spend a lot more than 12k...
The European models don´t have anything to do with the american versions,ur specs are more softer,even the brakes are huge compared with urs.
My brakes are 312mm double vented ( front) and 260
mm ( back),the tyres are 225/45 17".
We pay a lof for the cars,its a sad truth,but they are full extras.

regards

ps: if ucome to Portugal,ill show you how different is to drive the 150 Tdi version from yours, i had the 115 and i noticed.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Ok ..... you won! ..... and I will be crying here and sending wet letter to VWoA to bring those 150 PD in US ...... Who knows, one day .... maybe

Racer

ok..

One thing i dont understand, in the USA the european cars are way less expensive than europe, and why dont u have diesel that matchs the required standarts by vw´S PD engines ( 100,115,130 and 150).???
Because USA have all the means to do that, its because the competition by gas cars???

regards

chopchop

Top Post Dawg
No doubt there'll be other opinions on this, but essentially:

1. Fuel is too cheap over here, no-one cares over much about mpg.

2. The Oil Barons are in cahoots with the Bush Administration - most of Dubya's closest mates are "in oil", and cry wolf at the cost of changing over to producing low-sulphur diesel (something which has taken place in Europe naturally & quietly and without any significant consumer cost increases) which is essential for use in conjunction with the latest (European...) diesel-engine technology.

3. Diesels gained a bad name here back in the 80s when GM or someone tried making a V8 diesel out of a petrol engine. It was a POS of epic proportions.

4. The US Government and the EPA have their respective heads stuck up their ar$es, aided and abetted by a bunch of ill-informed eco-loonies in California, who also have their heads up theirs.

5. The US Gov't is trade protectionist by nature, and has this mistaken belief that it is "protecting" the Dinosaurs that are the US Automobile Industry in producing the PsOS that it does. All that it's actually doing is accelerating their demises with their crap 80's-designed cars, which Joe US Public is becoming increasingly resistant to purchasing.

Someone else take over now......

- Richard

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: chopchop ]</p>

RedT

Veteran Member
Boa Racer!

Grande confusão que meteste na cabeça destes gajos!

Eles gostam mesmo do Bora/Jetta. Só tiveste p'ra aí o triplo dos replys que eu quando mostrei as fotos do meu Golf.

By the way: consumos? Tenho uma média ponderada desde que tenho o carro (8000 km) de 7.5
(uns Porto-Lisboa nas últimas semanas estragaram a média)

Temos de continuar a baralhar este pessoal!

US version: like with VW cars you can't get the hole picture. Just two 150 PD portuguese owners chatting about their cars. Ghosh you really like cars with boot!!

RedT

Veteran Member
Please, Please, take a look at my page!
I know it's a Golf, and you prefer the Bora in the States (I wonder why, to get the groceries??), but I have some nice Recaros for you to see.

Racer

yah, pah os gajos curtem carros grandes, e sinceramente estou a curtir mais a estetica do Bora, o golf esta muito visto,( tive um golf tdi 115cv,durante 4 meses,vendi com 21000 kms,foi este verão, tenho o bora a 1 mes,com4000kms) embora o meu desespero seja nao ter os Recaro,mas ok.
Faço uma média de 7,4/8.0...depende do trajecto, como faço muita AE e CREL,e adoro andar depressa,
os consumos ressentem-se,tou a fazer 650kms ate apitar para reabastecer.
Es de lisboa??

um abraço

ps: ate agora não apanhei nada k nao pudesse passar,dah um gozo papar os tonis das "grandes" bombas a gasolina.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Hey, Portugal people ....... what is going to happen if everyone here starts writing in his own language, huh? ..... I guess this page was created for everyone to SHARE thoughts, knowledge, ideaas, etc ..... why don't you just send e-mails each other, so you can write in whatever language you want? ...... please keep it clean! ...... and by the way, RedT, the link to your page does not work ......

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: pyce ]</p>

Racer

sorry ppl, RedT asked me about the mpg of my car,
and that u ppl liked a lot more Bora than the golf,well...me too
I told him that i average 650kms for tank,untill the beep to refuel.
I average 7,4 liters /100kms and sometimes 8 l,but i reach many times speeds over 146mph, and i cruise at 125/136 mph during many miles, the cops here cruise in BMW 330d,Subarus Impreza GT/WRX,and others to book us...
Sorry about your fuel politics,u have to come here to ride withus.

regards

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Racer ]</p>

RedT

Veteran Member
Cool down, Pyce

I didn't said anything in Portuguese that I haven't translated in english. Well, I think I just caught you in a bad day!
I was just kidding, man!

My page adress (the pics are not so good as Racers, I have to make some improvements...):

http://pagina.nect.pt/~ng33235a

Racer, my mpg is like that also. It's becoming very difficult to drive below 180 km/h with this car and we pay that when we refuel.My last victims: MB 320 CDI , Audi A4 TDI 180 Quattro

I'm not from Lisbon, I live in Santa Maria da Feira.

RedT

Veteran Member
Sorry and thanks, Pyce, my page is not working. I thought it was only the link at Fred's.

I will try to work it out.

Good driving

Racer

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> It's becoming very difficult to drive below 180 km/h with this car and we pay that when we refuel.My last victims: MB 320 CDI , Audi A4 TDI 180 Quattro<hr></blockquote>

me too...its almost impossible to drive below 140/160 km/h, yes but don´t pay a lot,look at similar cars but running with gas.
Your last victims...LOL...VW 150 rulessss, my last
were a BMW 320d (136cv) and a MB E300 Turbodiesel.

um abraço ( regards )

e Viva o Benfica

Racer

some years ago, now i think its greece,but i dont have 100% sure.
Here we drive fast,its certain, but our auto park recently upgraded,we pay so many taxes when we buy the cars that 60% are utility cars ( 1.0/1.2 cc ),more powerfull and safer cars are very expensive.
Our cars are one of the most expensive in all europe.

regards

Golftdi96kw

MY average with my golf tdi 130 is sometimes 5,6 till 6,5. And then i drive most of the time 150 km/h average on the dutch highways....

Today i went again for the gasstation and i get 800 km on 50 liter so : 1 liter on 16 km

But we als have a boardcomputer so you don't have to calculate for yourself...

In a french test auto-moto.com my golf tdi 130 was mesured from 0-100 in 8,8 seconds... so the tdi 150 must also be faster than the 8,6 seconds...
http://home.planet.nl/~klapw023/golf/klokken.jpg

http://home.planet.nl/~klapw023

RedT

Veteran Member
Let's be careful with number plates and personal data, Racer. If the cops look at this forum...

Anyway, Chopchop, our high accident rate is not due to some (responsible) driving at high speeds in appropriate highways. If you look at the data, accidents on our highways are mainly due to stupid driving in rain or fog conditions and to some jerks changing lane when you are about to overtake them (even if you go at 120 km/h).
You can even see trucks flashing and horning to guys that drive so slow on highways that the trucks have to stop.
Anyway, I admit we have much to improve in our behaviour as drivers and in our roads. For example, if the french had our roads, their accident rate would be higher.

Regards

RedT

Veteran Member
Correction:

"...that the trucks have to brake."

Sorry, english is obviously not my mother tongue