Q5 TDI should i return or keep after lease.

jjohn

TDI
Audi Q5
My wife is driving a 2014 Q5 TDI which is due for return after lease in Jan 2018. We used it carefully and took good care of it , then comes Diesel Gate. Mine just did 24 k miles and we were planning on keeping that because the car is awesome.
My question is,should i keep it? What's going to happen in the future about service and performance after their fix ? My residual is just $29k and my car is worth more than that. If i want to keep it ,i should get it below $29k and can i negotiate with them ?
I have the final offer letter for Diesel settlement and they are offering just $2k and i assume i am loosing all other suing rights with that. Who will pay for my loss of value? As per Edmunds the 3 litr diesel lost around 28 to 30% value from Diesel Gate.

Can somebody help me in this soup???:confused:

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
You dont own it, you didnt loose any value as you havent even purchased it yet.. You can try to negotate but they are under no obligation to give you anything other than the price you agreed too on your contract.

If you want to keep it, keep it.. If you dont want it fixed then dont fix it..

Yes you got screwed leasing a vehicle you now want to keep; and in other news water is wet..

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
They are going to say "take it or leave it." Although I would take it in your situation, I advise you to leave it as you sound like you are going to spend the rest of your time of ownership feeling somehow cheated when your decision is actually quite simple and entirely yours to make. Yes or no.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
If its in your name, have your wife buy out the lease or vice versa. If both of you are on it, use a family member.

Now that person can claim full fix restitution

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
If its in your name, have your wife buy out the lease or vice versa. If both of you are on it, use a family member.

Now that person can claim full fix restitution

No, that doesn't work for 3.0 cars.