The Vanity Plate Thread

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
'96 Passat wagon : currently TDIESEL, which replaced TDI WGN (which was usually interpreted as "Tidy Wagon", hardly the messsage I was trying to convey!).

Reactions: Ton

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
OK so this is a new one for me. Hopefully a California member can comment.
Here is a late model Prius from California
It has a vintage license plate. Is that now available?
It is a vanity plate I can't translate except for the "Hybrid" part

Whassup guys?

colourfastt

TDI
2013 TDI Beetle Convertible
I worked very hard to be able to get this one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ESJ7FyiWn5SXczb0dIaFpHV0E/view?usp=sharing

(If anyone knows how to embed the pic directly in the post let me know; I'd rather do that.)

FYI: They are the only notaries to be appointed for life. The Louisiana notary public is a civil law notary with broad powers, as authorized by law, usually reserved for the American style combination "barrister/solicitor" lawyers and other legally authorized practitioners in other states. A commissioned notary in Louisiana is a civil law notary that can perform/prepare many civil law notarial acts usually associated with attorneys and other legally authorized practitioners in other states, except represent another person or entity before a court of law for a fee (unless they are also admitted to the bar). Notaries are not allowed to give "legal" advice, but they are allowed to give "notarial" advice - i.e., explain or recommend what documents are needed or required to perform a certain act - and do all things necessary or incidental to the performance of their civil law notarial duties. They can prepare any document, to include inventories, appraisements [appraisals], partitions [division of property, both real and community], wills, protests, matrimonial contracts [pre-nups], conveyances [personal and real property], and, generally, all contracts and instruments in writing [including, but not limited to, limited emancipation of a minor, adult adoptions, and small successions] and, if ordered or requested to by a judge, prepare certain notarial legal documents, in accordance with law, to be returned and filed with that court of law.
[parentheticals mine]

Last edited:

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
When I moved to Illinois I didn't like the standard plates. So,I decided to get a Bears plate because I thought it looked the best (even though I'm a Bills fan) and CJK 41 as the plate ID. My initials and favorite number. Then I got a replica Deutschland plate for the front that reads IL CJK 41. So far the front plate hasn't attracted much attention.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
See my sig pic!!
<----------------

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Mine might as well say GOT SOOT

And when the JSW was registered in CA:

Last edited:

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Jeremy,

What a great plate for your B4. Unfortunately, most people will not know the real story behind that plate.

For other readers: The B4V took a hard rear end hit several years ago. Jeremy fought with the insurance companies for a long time and finally got a proper settlement to fix this gem 100% correctly.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
John, you know it actually didn't even pop into my head to correlate the two! Huzzah!

I chose the name first for the strict use of

NOX for us dieselheads

HRDNOX for the school of.

HRDNOX for the heavy use of it in my modified wagon.

HRDNOX for the life the actual vehicle has lived? Mind Blown!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Here's mine. I like that it's pretty cryptic to just about everybody.

[/url][/IMG]

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
And a couple more shots:

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

GEE-BEE

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 AAZ
My mk1 Jetta Coupe has the new black /Yellow Calif plate

Everbody wants it from me :

Reads

JETTA

GB

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I look at vanity plates as something I can hang up on the wall so I can remember the project.

Here are a few of mine:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Currently, German for to Growl.
This is my favorite center cap ever. Its one of those things that I randomly think about from time to time.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Why do I not remember you having a personalized plate? And glad to see the snow is finally melting since I was up there.
Hey Paul, I got my plates in the mail just a few days after you headed back. I like the splash of color on a black car. The golf is much quieter with the dual exit catback- I guess having a muffler will do that. :D Hit 80* here today, snow is finally gone!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Hey Paul, I got my plates in the mail just a few days after you headed back. I like the splash of color on a black car. The golf is much quieter with the dual exit catback- I guess having a muffler will do that. :D Hit 80* here today, snow is finally gone!
It'll be crazy to see the snow gone, when I come back to visit Maine towards the end of next month (delivering 2 puppies to someone who lives in Bangor).

Yup, mufflers and resonators quiet things down quite a bit!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Not quite a vanity plate on my Golf, but I still pay an extra $30/year for the 4H plate (of which $22 goes to the Ag extension program to help out 4H youth). Notice both turbobrick240 and myself both have agriculture plates (as we're both farmers).

EDIT - just realized you can't quite see they're ag plates, because I always resize my images to 800 x whatever. This is on a current trip to Maine to deliver livestock guardian dogs to a customer east of Bangor.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nice photo! That pic was taken just hours before Paul tagged yet another deer with his weaponized V-dub :D. Paul, next time wait for the deer to die before you feed it to your dog. Lol

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Apparently our shenanigans on the backroad straightaway knocked my rear valance loose. Should have had you film the burnout.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Apparently our shenanigans on the backroad straightaway knocked my rear valance loose. Should have had you film the burnout.
I still could film it if you want. Now we just need a TDIclub youtube channel, for dynos, burnout shenanigans, vanity plates (to keep with the theme of this thread), etc.