Dutch Auto Parts, gearbox sets, engines, turbos, injection pumps

MILESB

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta, 04 Passat Wagon
WTB - Looking to purchase only a Bosal swan neck hitch for a 04 Passat tdi wagon. Not a Oris or Westfalia

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I’ve found email to be the most effective means of communication with Frans. Small business, so patience and maybe a little persistence may be needed (I don’t know how much email he receives), but the man is honest

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I've sent him a few emails in the last few months, but haven't heard anything back at all. Like you say, he's not necessarily the fastest to respond, but he has always eventually gotten back to me. Great to deal with, though - just have to get that initial dialog going. :)

MILESB

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Frans, how much for a BGW motor shipped to Canada, T5L1L2? the complete block, head, injectors, pistons, manual crank. Thank you

MILESB

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Frans, how much for a BGW motor shipped to Canada, T5L1L2? the complete block, head, injectors, pistons, manual crank. Thank you
Hello, looking for a quote please, BGH tdi motor, block, with head and inners

MILESB

Veteran Member
TDI
I can confirm he will source Westfalia, Bosal and even some Polish brand hitches. He can also try and get used ones if he can find them. Best deal out there for a real hitch!
Hi, can you get a Bosal, used, older style? Also, will the Tesla hitch work with what I’m asking for? The Tesla hitch insert looks like the Bosal Swan insert. Also, the Tesla X hitch is made by Bosal

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've tried emailing Frans directly a few times in the past six months, requesting specific parts (turbo, injectors).
Didn't hear anything back. I hope he's OK.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
....and having said that, apparently he (or someone using his account) has been on the site as recently as earlier today, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've tried email. I've tried posting. I've tried pms here. Haven't heard anything back from Frans for close to a year now.
(I do hope he's doing OK)

Passat'n Adventure

TDI
05 Passat GLS Wagon - Deleted and 5 speeded '15 Passat SEL P
Searching for Frans - I have sent him a couple of emails to the generic address of his shop with no response (over the course of a few weeks).....

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Sounds like good customer service?
I relied on Frans for nearly a dozen 5 speed conversions for B5.5 TDI's. Richard (CoolAirVW) has had Frans deliver dozens along with lots of various other parts with impeccable customer service. Its amazing how quickly DHL gets freight to us across 7 time zones.

If you call him he will get you what you need. He doesn't have much time for shooting the breeze, but if you know exactly what you need he will deliver and promptly.

MrRobogoat

TDI
2004 Passat TDI Wagon, 2005 Passat TDI Wagon
I ordered an FHN gearbox from Frans in January and it took some time for him to find one as they are getting to be thin on the ground, but once he did it was shipped rapidly (and very well packed). Frans also always responded quickly to emails which I appreciated during the wait. The box itsefl looks to be a good quality unit, I am excited to get it in the car. For the money, it was good to go with someone who had such a positive reputation in the community.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I remember chatting with him - must be a few years back - and even then, he said that it was getting difficult to source decent Mk4 parts.
If you do have to wait, it's because he's not just going to ship you the first thing he finds - as mentioned above, he aims to deal in good-quality.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I’m in Paris for a couple weeks and thought about seeing if he wanted to grab a beer over the weekend but I ended up in Brussels instead of the Netherlands

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I’ve dealt with him in the past and found him to be fair, honest, and on the ball.
I do think he’s a one man show though. That can be tough to stay on top of

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
I have sent him pm and email. No response. I don’t think it is that time consuming to respond to an email. Do you still have the product available or not? I’m ready to buy. Oh well.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I have sent him pm and email. No response. I don’t think it is that time consuming to respond to an email. Do you still have the product available or not? I’m ready to buy. Oh well.
It can take him a few days to respond to an email or that's been the case when I've emailed him in the past.
Good luck and hopefully he gets back to you.