It is now official.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
As of 6 pm eastern time today, I am no longer a VW dealership technician. I have gotten a contract job at Isuzu of America running diesel engines on engine and chassis dynos and doing emissions lab work. I kindof feel like Im stabbing myself in the back a bit, as I think diesel emissions standards are already insane lol. That and Ive never been very emissions friendly with my vehicles anyway :p. New job is going to pay the same, but a guaranteed 40 hours a week plus overtime pay. Way better working hours, and no more saturdays! I do fear that Im going to get bored not constantly fixing cars though. I really liked my dealership job, I just didnt like doing it at a dealership lol. I understand why most of you think there arent any honest techs at dealers. They are out there, few and far between. The reason for the lack of them is that its really hard for us honest ones to make it in a dealership. You guys can stop building your mail bombs to send to me now :D

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Hey ......... I've always been an advocate of Greener Pastures! You've most likely made a good move!

I wish you the best!

Keep us posted on the things you learn about emissions!