www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old July 7th, 2012, 19:57   #1
frugality
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 33mpg
Default Spotted: Lew Pavlovich's old Green lifted Beetle!

In Ludington, MI, at the city beach. I first saw this, and snickered:

(pardon the lousy cell phone shots)

When I looked back and saw the "Turbo Diesel" decal on the front fender, I thought to myself, "Hey! I know that car!"

The soot is from RC3 and some phat nozzles, if I remember right. And I would have to think that those nozzles are getting a little tired by now.

Got some battle scars.

It's also sporting Hankook winter tires on steelies on the front (won't last long in this 95-degree heat!), and summer tires and rims on the rear.

Does this belong to a club member? If it does, I think we need a group intervention. Maybe we all plan a GTG at his/her place without his/her knowledge.....we show up, wash/clean the car, do some maintenance to it....
Old July 7th, 2012, 21:01   #2
lrpavlo
Veteran Member

Oh that is just too funny!!!
Old July 7th, 2012, 22:50   #3
fyrsail
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43.3 MPG

not the same car bug vegbugs beetle could use a surprise intervention, or 8.
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:19   #4
r90sKirk
Veteran Member

YEP, that is it.

A younger guy named Justin around here bought it from Lew/Lew's brother, and had it for a few years, the last year he had it I helped him with a VNT-17 install, clean intake, EGR gas cooler delete, added race nozzles and a bigger tune, plus 3" exhaust and she scoots!

Then he sold it to another one of my customers who lives up in Morley, now it gets driven Morley to Grand Rapids everyday and back. The current owner has kind of let it go though.

Kirk