95 golf td aaz

br8keit

TDI
95 golf TD (ALMOST)
Just bought one, engine out of car so havnt had a drive yet. I have read a lot about how much torque the cars have and how different they are from gassers. I am wondering if this car is even quick(stock) or will it have trouble getting out of its own way? I am driving an in between right now, a 94 honda civic hatchback, 4 cyl, and its pretty quick for what it is. Any way my new diesel will keep up with anything out there? if so what am i looking at being able to run with? I dont condone racing and I dont do it, I just like knowing what I have and what it could do.
cheers guys!

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I think that's the 75bhp engine so not the quickest but should be ok. But the tdi engines are great for tuning with bigger turbos, injectors and remapping the ecu so it really depends on what you're after and how much you want to spend. Have a look through the tdi faq at the top of the page for good info.

br8keit

TDI
95 golf TD (ALMOST)
IDI engine

This engine is the AAZ, it is old school and has no ECU, so no remap. Its all mechanical. I know there are a tons on engine tweaks, just wanted to know if it was going to feel like a slug next to my honda, which i am selling, after a bmw and driving fathers jetta Japanese just doesnt feel as well made and solid, something about German cars for me.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Oh well. If it's any help, I had a Honda civic 1.6 single cam v-tec and my 90hp tdi feels a lot quicker. It's a Seat Cordoba Vario on a 2000 plate which is just like a Polo estate so it's not the lightest car but like I said, it certainly feels quicker. I thought my Honda was a bit pants and deffinitely a lot tinnier.