any other bushings etc I should change while I'm at it?

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh
And also what are your thoughts on the moog problem solvers for the rear axle bushings and control arm rear bushings?

Going to be ordering from rockauto so far in my cart I got:

2 rear brake lines. Sunsong brand, seem cheap as hell and bare metal but I'll apply a couple coats of rust paint on em before installing. (damn break line twisted off one one side when removing rear axle as the thing wouldn't rotate independent of the line. Damn parts car did the same.)

rear axle bushing: Moog problem solver

control arm rear bushing: Moog problem solver

control arm front bushing: Flennor (apparently a German brand, and the Moog ones are 15 a piece compared to 3 something for the Flennors. and this bushing doesn't seem like it takes much stress/beating compared to the rear ones, infact not even sure mine are bad.)

outer tie rods: Moog problem solver

ball joints: Delphi. (Moog ones are way more pricier than these ones but if the brand is garbage I'll pony up, let me know)

Let me know if I'm missing anything I should change as well while I'm in there or if you guys have any comments on the brands... tried searching but not many hits coming back.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
I didn't go on the rock auto site to see what you are paying. I took a random vendor from this site, ID Parts.

Rear control arm bushing audi tt 18.95 ea
Rear axle bushing. Cupra R. 54.95 pair
Loaded control arm. TT style rear bushing, new front bushing, ball joint included. 89.95.
Ball joints were 18 to 20.

You're spending a considerable amount of time
replacing these items. Why not do it with proven better than stock parts from someone that stands behind their products. I'll give you rock auto has low prices but I don't see them giving you the service if there's a problem. Try returning something to rock auto that you opened the package to see if it fit.

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh
I didn't go on the rock auto site to see what you are paying. I took a random vendor from this site, ID Parts.
Rear control arm bushing audi tt 18.95 ea
Rear axle bushing. Cupra R. 54.95 pair
Loaded control arm. TT style rear bushing, new front bushing, ball joint included. 89.95.
Ball joints were 18 to 20.
You're spending a considerable amount of time
replacing these items. Why not do it with proven better than stock parts from someone that stands behind their products. I'll give you rock auto has low prices but I don't see them giving you the service if there's a problem. Try returning something to rock auto that you opened the package to see if it fit.
I'll check that site out. The thing that made rock auto more attractive than other choices was the shipping $$$ into Canada was very reasonable.

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
Also check out idparts shipping if it’s over $200 and you get an account. Metal man parts has this stuff too for a good price. If you pay attention to exactly what you’re buying you can avoid the questionable brands on these two sites. You want to install it once and have it go well. It’s worth it