Gt2052s on 1.9 TDI 1z

KLICHO

TDI
1z
Hello. I have now Passat B4 on 230 nozzles + pump 11 de 143 and turbo WG GT1549s on 1.5 Bar. I want do put a GT2052s A6110960099. But i dont know this turbo stand up and when have full bost ? Have we a logs this turbo on 1.9 tdi ?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Not sure what you’re talking about or asking about due to the poor translation from polish to English.
I am running a GT2052 and it’s an ok turbo for a HUGE setup but it’s too big. You will never be able to get a custom tune done for that turbo specifically. Trust me. Malone was the ONLY person who was willing to do a tune for me with this turbo and it works great but it’s not perfect for this turbo exactly. Those nozzles are way too small for this turbo too. You will get great power with other smaller VTN turbos at 15-20 psi. It’s all about more area under the curve and not max upper end power on a TDI.

I suggest learning how to English better or get software or a translator because I don't understand “this turbo stand up" I got the main point here.
Go with a ported and polish head, 2x springs HD, colt 2 cam, 520 or 764 5 whole injectors, 3 bar map, jack up the gt1549 to 20 psi, pad 150 intakes and a new SBC stage 2 Endurance clutch. Stay away from turbos that people do not normally use on TDI's because you are going into a territory that is not well known to tuners.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Thanks for the kind words :) Have no problem doing custom tuning on these kinds of setups if people have their own chip burners. Mailing back and forth gets time consuming, especially to Poland. VNT is really the way to go, a GTB1756VK will do 2 bar no problem, 1752vrk might serve you better on a stock head.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
Thanks for the kind words :) Have no problem doing custom tuning on these kinds of setups if people have their own chip burners. Mailing back and forth gets time consuming, especially to Poland. VNT is really the way to go, a GTB1756VK will do 2 bar no problem, 1752vrk might serve you better on a stock head.
This was not my experience a couple years ago when I went looking for a custom tune for my he211 on my AHU. You guys were not interested. All the the main tuners I talked too did not want to touch it since everyone thought the turbo was too big. Strange opinion to have since it is about the same size as a 2052, and appears to have more modern wheels. 35psi by 2500 RPM isnt too big in my book.
I have a chip burner, and I could use a more optimized tune. The turbo spools pretty well, and the car flies. A good tune would really make the car great.

Last edited:

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
Did you contact us directly or a distributor? A lot has changed in the last couple of years and there are now more people here helping Mark, at the time he didn't have the capacity to do that many custom tunes, only so many hours in the day unfortunately. Feel free to shoot us an email at info@malonetuning.com

Last edited:

All Stock

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
2 years ago I had my gt2052s tuned through Whitbread by TDtuning. Worked great! PP764s still had some fuel in them after that turbo, 28 psi tune. I could spike @ 35 if I wanted it to. Full boost was there by 2500 rpm. The tune also was set to limit the low rpm power. All this in a bigger brick.. aka jeep.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
Did you contact us directly or a distributor? A lot has changed in the last couple of years and there are now more people here helping Mark, at the time he didn't have the capacity to do that many custom tunes, only so many hours in the day unfortunately. Feel free to shoot us an email at info@malonetuning.com
it was a couple years ago, I had a feeling that things were busy, and some yahoo's frankenstein old audi wasn't priority. I contacted malone directly at that time. Some things on the car have changed, Ive added an 11mm pump and at some point id like to get a more dialed in tune. Given how well the car runs now, I feel confident it would be great with a better tune.
I will try again when the time comes for me to dive back into it.

I tried another well known vendor back then, and got a hilariously unfriendly reply. Acting sort of like I was proposing murdering children, not getting a tune for my custom, but well executed setup.

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
Yeah the poor guy gets a few hundred emails a day and basically lives in front of a triple monitor setup, don't know how he does it. TDtuning, rocketchip, and MR tuning out of quebec also work with these kinds of setups pretty often, and I'm sure there's other solid NA diesel tuners. Whitbread builds some mental cars, wouldn't hesitate to send anything diesel related off to him.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Point here op is that you are going to be very custom and going down a not so easy road with this turbo. its been done before but now we can do more with smaller turbos at 20psi. in a TDI, its no longer about boost, its about fuel and tune.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The other part is that you need to get a custom manifold made. you can buy a cheep ebay manifold but it sucks. its a total POS. I think its a t20 flange and then you need the exhaust down pipe from a Subaru. Check out my build years ago with this turbo. If you do go with it, learn from my mistakes and do it better. also do not wrap your exhaust unless its stainless. In my build you will see i wrapped my down pipe and now its nothing but rust. LITERALLY RUST, holes the size of my thumb, only after a few years.

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
This was not my experience a couple years ago when I went looking for a custom tune for my he211 on my AHU. You guys were not interested. All the the main tuners I talked too did not want to touch it since everyone thought the turbo was too big. Strange opinion to have since it is about the same size as a 2052, and appears to have more modern wheels. 35psi by 2500 RPM isnt too big in my book.
I have a chip burner, and I could use a more optimized tune. The turbo spools pretty well, and the car flies. A good tune would really make the car great.
I had a similar experience, unfortunately.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
well that all was in the past, this year malone next day shipped me a stage 6 tune, with a 3 bar Map.
he forgot to send the MAP so he next day aired me that and then he forgot the board for the map, he next day aired that too. got me what i needed before autocross events just in time with great communication. not sure about the past but now is now and as far as I'm concerned he went out of his way to make sure i got what i needed in time. 10/10 for customer service. I did send him emails, texts, and phone calls though.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Not sure what you’re talking about or asking about due to the poor translation from polish to English.
I am running a GT2052 and it’s an ok turbo for a HUGE setup but it’s too big. You will never be able to get a custom tune done for that turbo specifically. Trust me. Malone was the ONLY person who was willing to do a tune for me with this turbo and it works great but it’s not perfect for this turbo exactly. Those nozzles are way too small for this turbo too. You will get great power with other smaller VTN turbos at 15-20 psi. It’s all about more area under the curve and not max upper end power on a TDI.

I suggest learning how to English better or get software or a translator because I don't understand “this turbo stand up" I got the main point here.
Go with a ported and polish head, 2x springs HD, colt 2 cam, 520 or 764 5 whole injectors, 3 bar map, jack up the gt1549 to 20 psi, pad 150 intakes and a new SBC stage 2 Endurance clutch. Stay away from turbos that people do not normally use on TDI's because you are going into a territory that is not well known to tuners.
Actually, its no problem to tune for that turbo. Its been done many times. Rocketchip does them, TDtuning does them, and the first one I ever saw was a Kerma tune.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Actually, its no problem to tune for that turbo. Its been done many times. Rocketchip does them, TDtuning does them, and the first one I ever saw was a Kerma tune.
Chris from Kerma told me specifically that they will not write a tune for that turbo. I had to talk with *forget his name* who writes the tunes and he said its not worth his time to make one. They have been helpful though and all the services and parts from them and customer service was great but they specifically said NO. i did not talk with rocketchip but i did email and call tdtuning and i never got anywhere with them past contact, it felt like a $400 tune was not worth the time of a phone call. i basically got hung up on.