CP3 Pump on a 09 JSW

Paulinski

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta Wagon Highline
I just had my stock Hpfp replaced with CP3.

It would not be possible without Andrew (2Micron) and awesome guys at Wroth Automotive.

The car drives like before no issues whatsoever. Starts up way quicker and makes great power.

I'm running EGT sensor delete Stage III + tune currently. Mark Malone will be updating my tune on the 28th.

For all you guys on the fence I say get a hold of Andrew and install this awesome pump. I had no second thoughs ripping my 13,000 mile CP 4.1 to upgrade. . Yes my pump failed last year.

Fuel rail pressure log.

Last edited:

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Kinda looks like your aux pump is no longer installed.. is that the case?

Otherwise.. awesome. Love having options.

Jonathan-

TDI
2012 Passat
I'm curious what all this takes besides the pump. Does it take a mounting adapter? What about parts cost alone?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I'm curious what all this takes besides the pump. Does it take a mounting adapter? What about parts cost alone?
Yes, it requires an adapter plate and some other goodies. As for parts cost, you first have to source the CP3 pump itself (usually from Europe) and then the kit from 2micron. Price is not yet available, the only installations so far are test vehicles. More details (and lots of pictures) about the installation are in YukonXL's thread here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444018

Have Fun!

Don

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
no, if it's got an internal pump it'll selfprime. But given what US fuel is like, using the intank pump to help it out and reduce the dry-running time mightn't be such a bad idea.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
If the CP3 pump won't fail, why the 2micron filtration kit then?

Also, as for priming, I think that activating the in-tank lift pump alone will push any air from fuel filter canister back to tank.

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
Fantastic!!!!

This is just amazing. I do not have anything useful to say, just a positive comment. I am in awe, well done.

I am very close to the timing belt change interval, and have been playing debating with myself if I can do it in my garage (its a confidence thing). I would love to have this pump installed at the same time to eliminate the ongoing HPFP as I head towards 200kms. I will keep this thread subscribed!

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Really impressive there with the fuel rail logs.
Do need this I think.
Just a shame injectors are now the limit for fuelling it seems.

jaymzaugust

TDI
2009 Jetta
Paulinski, I see you have the race pipe in there, which means you didn't have to battle moving the HP EGR lines out of the way for your CP3 install. With the race pipe, how simple was the CP3 install? Did you still have to remove the race pipe? Or just plug and play?

I'm sitting just shy of 120,000 miles, looking down the barrel of a timing belt job, as well as the expiration of the VW extended warranty on the factory HPFP. I had considered the 2Micron contain flow and pure flow filtration adapters, but if I'm already in there doing the timing belt.... CP3 is just the way to go! I'd like to hang onto the car until the end of time, no longer having a pending CP4.1 failure looming seems to be worth the price of admission!

Paulinski

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta Wagon Highline
Jaymzaugust.

Both EGR systems are deleted. I didn't do the install my tuner did along with the timing belt replacement.

He indicated the kit is really easy to install everything is plug and play. Only thing required aside from the kit are the one time use stretch bolts from VW.