Whitbread Performance Innovations. Product and service offerings

Niosotis

Veteran Member
TDI
:'( RIP:2002 Black 4dr Golf TDI
Hey Matt, just wanted to see what the status of those downpipes is. It's been a while and haven't heard anything. Is there an ETA?

Thanks.

Niosotis

Veteran Member
TDI
:'( RIP:2002 Black 4dr Golf TDI
Out of curiosity, has anyone who got in on the limited run of downpipes from Whitbread received theirs yet? I've emailed him a few times and have received zero response.

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
I got a response a few weeks ago, he not currently offering any downpipes. I would think if you had ordered an in stock pipe it has been shipped.

absalom

Veteran Member
TDI
none
2 questions:

1.) If I was looking to DIY a 2.5" downpipe, where could I get a VNT-15 specific flange?
2.) How much do you charge for your 2.5" DP's? 3"?

Also, your inbox is full.

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
he has gone through a few bad spells, esp with his old landlord. there are other threads so do a search. read fellas instead of asking stupid questions.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
There have been some recent concerns from members that I have been hard to get a hold of the last few weeks. I fully acknowledge and do not deny that. I have been out of town a significant portion of the last 5 weeks making very large arrangements happen for the next chapter of my life and my business that will benefit everyone. The current moment is a side effect I cannot eliminate. I am only one man, I must sleep at some point, and until wednesday I still have a 50+ hour a week day job. I have tried to assist as many as I can, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get back to everyone. If I did, nothing would ever get done in the shop and people's jobs would never get done. As unfair as it may seem, I somehow have to prioritize responses and those in need of emergency repairs get top spot. Those with non emergencies are responded to in the free moments, which have not existed at all lately. I have been answering emails for 4 hours straight tonight and will be doing the same and returning calls most of the day tomorrow.

After July 29th, I will no longer be working at RCR. I'll be in my shop full time starting August 3rd and will be able to answer calls and emails as they come instead of piling up to 50+ at the end of each day.

Sometime in October, I will be moving myself and my business up to Gaylord, MI. I was made a deal I cannot refuse and things have had to materialize quickly in order for it to happen before snow fall. This will be my permanent location for many,many, years to come.

You'll be getting a call from me tomorrow Robert.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Gaylord! That's way up there, Matt. I used to visit and sail with the parents of an old friend in Harbor Springs many years ago. God luck with the new endeavor!

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
I might have to take a drive up that way just to visit and enjoy the scenery.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Spent about 6 months living in Gaylord once..not a bad area...
Was flying the ups overnight stuff back and forth to Lancing MI every night....
Shame it just a 2+ hour drive to anywhere....buy then again...that can be a PLUS...
And if you like snow machines...it is like heaven about 5 months of the year...

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Looks like a great location.

Well if you're taking orders...I might get on the list to have you build the rest of the exhaust on the RTDI if I can't find anyone local to tackle it.

With the SS Badger going from Manitowoc to Ludington it's not that bad to get to Gaylord. Otherwise up and over the top is a great drive...just be on the look out for deer!:eek:

Congrats on the purchase of your dream spot.;)

Oh, yeah...make a point to make the trip to Silver Lake Sand Dunes to play around in the sand on your ATVs, Dune Buggies, or anything else that'll pass their restrictions.:D
http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?type=SPRK&id=493

http://www.thinkdunes.com/

What I used to cruise the dunes.

Some of the Dune Buggies that show up there:eek:

Just an awesome place to visit and let me know if you want me to remove the pictures from your thread Matt as to not side track it.;)

kraftwerkturbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf 1.9 TDI auto
Does anyone know if Matt is still in business?
Have been trying to get him to fix the tune on my TDI but no response to emails and txt message.

Whitbread

TDI
Several
After more dollars and hours invested than I ever want to tally up, the light at the end of the tunnel is nearing. The new shop location will be fully open in a few weeks if mother nature cooperates and the snow finally melts for good. Once the evil white stuff is gone, the siding/roofing, gradework, and concrete pad outside can all be finished. In the meantime, I'm going to start accepting appointments for work again and do my best over the coming weeks to go through all missed communications. Falling off the face of the earth was not my favorite option by any means and I apologize to all those affected, but without a volunteer secretary, it was the only way I could get everything done that needed to happen in the time frame I had to work with. It wasn't fun for anyone, but when the dust is settled, it will let me serve the community better than ever. Within 3-4 weeks, I plan to be back to full normal action.

A somewhat unplanned side effect of moving to my remote location is that cell phones flat out don't work here and satellite internet isn't fast enough to support wifi calling. Verizon gets 1 bar if you do a magic dance in the middle of the driveway, but that's as good as it gets. Since driving 25 miles to town to use a phone isn't practical, I'm on the schedule to have a landline installed, but it's 2-4 months depending on weather and workload from the telephone company. Until then, email is the best way to reach me - whitbreadperformance@gmail.com . Once the landline is in, I will post the new shop number.

Here's pictures of the new shop in various stages of completion.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Good job on the shop, Matt... it looks fantastic!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Yeah Buddy! Looking Good!

Our white stuff is gone, isn't yours yet?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Also, my OCD thanks you for spacing out your light fixtures evenly. :eek:

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Yeah Buddy! Looking Good!

Our white stuff is gone, isn't yours yet?
Nope.... Still looking out the window at 6-8" :(.

Also, my OCD thanks you for spacing out your light fixtures evenly. :eek:
Glad to be easy on your eyes :p. Did all led lighting in whole building. The low and high bay shop area lights total 182,000 lumens of 5000k brightness. It's borderline a tanning salon :D.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...Did all led lighting in whole building. The low and high bay shop area lights total 182,000 lumens of 5000k brightness. It's borderline a tanning salon :D.
The new shop looks fantastic. I've never seen LED fixtures like those before. Who is the manufacturer?

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
Regarding your lack of cell signal: For my remote NY cabin I only got 1 bar outside (-110dBm or less). I had luck boosting it on my own with a zBoost amplifier and external antenna. http://www.zboost.com/zb575x-a.html
There's a Verizon one as well. I think when I checked, the LTE tower was 25 miles away, I did have line of sight.
With it turned on, I'd reliably get 3 bars or more inside, and download speeds would measure >20MB/s. More often they'd be between 3 and 8MB/s. Fast enough to FaceTime with my wife/kids.

Last edited: