error 109/ Mechanical failure fuel cut off valve.

jfjjr

TDI
Jetta,1998,Black
My friend TDI club member 03 TDI and I repaired the wiring harness that controls the fuel cut off at the injector pump in Feb.of this year.Thank you much 03TDI and TDI club. My tdi recently lost power. "Limp Mode". Thanks to 03 TDI and Vag-Com we troubleshot the system and tomorrow I am going to permanently repair the wiring harness. The fix was a butt connector as it was freezing in Feb. My plans are to solder the wires directly and shrink tube them. My question is has anyone had this error and cleaned the stop valve to correct? I plan to repair the wires before replacing the stop valve as the butt connector may have corroded causing the error. It seems to be a little tricky to remove. And we do not want to chance any debris going into the pump if not necessary. Also we are going to replace the 5/64 vaccum line from the intercooler to the computer. We cut it back and when we cleared the code the car ran great. But upon startup ,the car as is it revs unusually high very briefly and then goes back to limp mode. Any educated input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to tdi03 and TDI club. JJ.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I am never sure which place to post things either, but I keep it down to one post per subject.

You do know that you can delete apost that hasn't been replied to?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Click on "edit" and you will find an option to delete.

But only do this to the post that hasn't been replied to yet.