2015 passat manual tune

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Anyone had a mild (stage 2) tune and/or deletes done on a CR150 6 speed car? Just bought one and am a virgin with CR's.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Welcome to the TDI world :) I don’t have the answer to that. Someone will chime in soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Rocketchip Stage 2 on my GSW manual. All emissions in place. Huge improvement in pull at low revs, especially when starting from a stop. Also pulls much better at 60+ in 6th. No impact on FE that I can document. And after 13K of driving I've not added any DEF. Best guess that HP and torque are 180/300. No clutch problems.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
'15 Passat SEL, malone def makes the car feel more enjoyable. A tune was my justification of trading in the '12 and getting the '15 thus keeping the wife in the same car for what will be 10-15 yeasrs.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Thats what I am trying to convince my girlfriend to get stage 2 malone tune into 15 passat SE with DSG. Its kinda gutless in long full throttle, my 2014 JSW with stage 1 fix would smoke the passat. Passat has stage 1 fix. So wait and see. :) will tune my JSW soon after they replace DSG. Whining sounds in DSG isnt a good sign.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Rocketchip Stage 2 on my GSW manual. All emissions in place. Huge improvement in pull at low revs, especially when starting from a stop. Also pulls much better at 60+ in 6th. No impact on FE that I can document. And after 13K of driving I've not added any DEF. Best guess that HP and torque are 180/300. No clutch problems.
This 15 is a 150hp CR so doesn't run bad especially with a manual. It does feel stronger than my identical 6m 2013 Passat which unfortunately probably got crushed after I sold it back to VW. I have always had good luck with Rocketchips and Malone tunes. Unfortunately, I don't think Rocketchips has a tune offering for the 2015 150hp CR. I sent an inquiry to jeff but no response. I still have a cell number for Jeff so I will call him next week. Malone has responded.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
I personally would trust Malone. I heard nothing but the top notch reviews all the boards. They are the most popular and they took care of me with my old 2011 wagon, one tune they sent to me actually disabled my p3 gauge on boost gauge reading LOL they said oops and sent me another tune the same day and problem solved! I am very impressed with them. I have the tuner from old wagon and it stopped working while flashing it to be unmarried to old wagon so they said please mail it to us and we will send you a new one for low price so I accepted and they sent me the new one without any questions so I sent the old one back. Will tune my car soon.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
My GSW has the same EA288 150 HP engine as the ‘15 Passat. So Jeff most definitely has a tune. I’m running it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This 15 is a 150hp CR so doesn't run bad especially with a manual. It does feel stronger than my identical 6m 2013 Passat which unfortunately probably got crushed after I sold it back to VW. I have always had good luck with Rocketchips and Malone tunes. Unfortunately, I don't think Rocketchips has a tune offering for the 2015 150hp CR. I sent an inquiry to jeff but no response. I still have a cell number for Jeff so I will call him next week. Malone has responded.
Also note that Malones stock high torque files may have DMF shudder at 18-2200 RPM, a slight detune for a stg1+ removed the shudder for us.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
My GSW has the same EA288 150 HP engine as the ‘15 Passat. So Jeff most definitely has a tune. I’m running it.

It doesn't, actually.

The Passats get a CVCA engine. Your Sportwagon has the CRUA. I do not know exactly what the difference is, though. May not be much of anything software wise.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I know it's a different code, but we've yet to find any significant differences between the engines. Filters are different, as is stock tuning, I'm sure, but I don't think there's much else.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, thus is Volkswagen. You should try and keep track of the gassers. I think there are about 8 different "2.5L" I5s. Some have a MAF, some do not. Some have SAI, some do not. Some have an IAT, some do not. Some have variable displacement oil pumps, some do not. Some use NGK spark plugs, some use Bosch. :eek:

Then all the turbo engines.... Ugh...

At least they put an engine code tag on all of them.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I sure would be in the market for various delete hardware someone may have laying around. PM me if you do. Really love driving this rig.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
rawtek does do sales everynow and then, I'd recommend signing up for emails and score the hardware on a slight sale.