2000 Golf TDI Airbag light & P3130 check engine light

agrusco

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 1.9
I have a 2000 Golf TDI with 137K. My airbag light and check engine light is on and I am hoping someone can help with turn them off for good. It does not affect my driving at all. The engine code is P3130. I am in the PNW, about an hour south of Seattle but I do not know anyone with a Vagcom if that is needed to turn it off. Any suggestions on what to try? I heard it could be a sensor. They have been on since I bought it a year ago and the previous owners took good care of it other than these issues. For some reason my stock CD/Tape player does not work either but the radio does. When I try to put in a CD it just says "error." I don't have loads of cash to take to to the dealership and a have friends who are mechanics to help, but they do not specialize in VW. Any help is much appreciated! thank you

Anyone in the greater Tacoma area who has a Vagcom and can help please message me. Thanks!

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Check out the Trusted Mechanics by State listing in the 101 section.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Best bet is to get it scanned twitch a VCDS that will tell you which air bag is throwing the code. It could be a simple matter of a power interuption and it just needs to be cleared?

I assume you had your code read with a generic reader this guy has a cross reference against generic codes and vag codes, some are the same and some are different.

http://myturbodiesel.com/threads/free-eobd-ii-error-codes-software.2202/