2004 Jetta TDI Wagon Manual, spice red, Kerma TDI 150hp kit. New England

Gustav

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Hello all, i haven't posted a lot here but have used the vast wealth of knowledge on the forums many times, and it seems like this car would be best sold to another TDI nut.

This is my favorite car I've ever owned, but I need a truck for work, and sadly don't have the space (or $) to keep both. I am the 2nd owner, and it begin its life in Colorado and California, so was salt-free for the first 5 years. I've also driven to CA each winter for the past 4, so it's been spared a lot of the new england rust that usually kills these cars. Both the previous owner and I took very good care of this car. Extremely nice condition for age and mileage. Runs like a top - and really quick!

Average fuel economy has been 42-49mpg, and my best tank ever was 54mpg

About the speed... since I picked it up in 2015, I've installed a Kerma TDI 150hp package, which, to jog your memory, includes the Borg-Warner S7 turbo, South Bend clutch, 3 bar MAP sensor, and a custom tune. I asked for a strong, linear power delivery with the best possible fuel economy they could throw at it, and this delivers all of it with zero smoke. That package was ~ $2600 installed. I've also replaced the cam and lifters, valve cover gasket, upgraded the brakes, added a boost gauge, and more. In other words, it's been through it's mid-life crisis already, and come out the better for it.

It has a frost heater for pre-heating cold starts (really really nice), a Panzer aluminum skid plate, a tow hitch (I've never used it, but it's there), roof rack, an RCN210 VW stereo, "doggie collar" clamp on the charge pipe, glass headlight lenses, DRL mod, monster mats, and much more.

This has the BEW engine, which means the fuel injectors are electronic. I know you all praise the ALH til the cows come home, but I've never had a problem with the injectors, and have always run it with Power Service diesel additive, which keeps them nice and clean. I've run biodiesel here and there, but never more than a B20 mix. It likes bio.

It will need a regularly scheduled timing belt change within the next ~ 1000 miles. I will get around to it when the time comes, but am listing it now to get a jump on things. If you are interested in picking it up before that belt change happens, we can negotiate on the price a bit. A TDI guru should charge ~ $700 or less for the entire job.

Major maintenance items:
Always prompt oil change history, and always with VW 505.01 recommended oil
Clutch replaced 20k miles ago, along with clutch cylinder and throwout bearing
New cam, follower/lifters, valve cover and gasket ~20k miles ago
Tandem pump replaced ~50k miles ago
Entire brake overhaul 40k miles ago, including parking brake cables
New shocks and struts ~10k miles ago
Tires are Continentals, and have 20k left on them, easily
Previous owner had new front fenders and hatch installed by VW per a recall, so they are really clean.
Much much more---- I have a very detailed service history (down to air filter changes), so please ask if you'd like to see it before checking out the car. Also happy to share the VIN for a carfax, if you'd like.

Comes with three keys, hub caps for steel wheels, Bentley repair manual, the Kerma TDI programmer (which is worth $400 on it's own!), along with some specialty/VW specific tools and other goodies.

Get in touch if you're interested!

Asking $3990 on CL, less for TDI club members

Last edited:

Gustav

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Forgot to mention some quite pertinent details:
Current mileage is 236k miles, and I've owned it since ~180k