To resell the “FIXED” TDi with warranty intact, one needs no tunes ~ Correct

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
If I understand it correctly, when I choose to resell my “fixed” 2015 Golf, and the new owner(s) inherit the 162,000 miles 11 year warranty, there must be no “MODs”

At the time of resale, how does one show that the car is original, so as to assure the new owner that it is VW covered?

Note: KBB shows a strong resale value, and NADA is slowly gaining. The figure that is shown for a CPO is < $1,000. That CPO is way less in warranty than the 11 years, 162,000 mile VW warranty.

Miles, condition and warranty will be a win-win situation come resale time.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
You are overthinking this. Just don't do anything aftermarket to the car! No proof is necessary. The only people who might be concerned are those trying to pull scams. If you want warranty then don't modify! Why is that so hard to understand?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Honest disclosure. Tell the buyer what you've done to it and let them decide for themselves if that's what they want to buy. Some people want stock, some want modified, some don't care about warranties.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
But yes, if you've modified the engine or the emissions components there will be no warranty.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
You are overthinking this. Just don't do anything aftermarket to the car! No proof is necessary. The only people who might be concerned are those trying to pull scams. If you want warranty then don't modify! Why is that so hard to understand?
Thinking about the future resale value, at the time I sell it

Honest disclosure. Tell the buyer what you've done to it and let them decide for themselves if that's what they want to buy. Some people want stock, some want modified, some don't care about warranties.
I will be appealing to buyers who value the warranty most.

But yes, if you've modified the engine or the emissions components there will be no warranty.
While I own the TDi, I will not need or want to do a MOD. The new owner can do as he-she wills.

All I want to accomplish is get the max for the VW 162,000 mile ~~ 11 year warranty

.... and I value it worth more than any CPO that I know of

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Why was it necessary to create a thread about this?

WHY?

I am getting really fed up with the thread-bombing of a small number of people ... you're one of them. Just stop.

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
Short time lurker, first time poster - hi everyone :)
Thinking about the future resale value, at the time I sell if
IF you care about resale, you will sell that thing back to VW. You will not get a better deal than the buyback amount. It was hilarious that you tried to sell it for the BB $ amount. These cars are not that special.
The other thing, I remember from your for sale ad - you barely put any miles on that thing! A TDI is not worth the price premium over the TSI if you don't put enough miles on one, during its lifetime.
As the economics of VW ownership seem to weight so heavily on your decisions, the best thing financially for you would be to take the BB offer, now or end of 2018, and then take the generous $ they give you and buy a TSI S. The TSI still gets great mileage and can be had for quite a bit cheaper than a TDI. You do not put on enough miles to ever have a positive ROI for TDI ownership. Gas is cheaper. Less maintenance costs and purchase cost. Buy a new TSI, get the better tech (MIBII) and non-swampy Vtex seats and you'll be happy. Maybe we'll stop seeing so many posts about your pondering, then.