Can Vag-Com adjust fuel level reading?

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Hi gang,

Just swapped my OE fuel sending unit for an in-tank PD lift pump. Ever since the swap, the fuel level reading never gets to empty. This morning I stalled while trying to push my limits on how much fuel I had left - thankfully I had 5 gals in the trunk. The sender/PD pump unit is installed with the arrow facing towards the back of the car.

Is there a way to electronically adjust the indicated fuel level, i.e. to re-interpret the level-sender resistance? If not I may end up just bending the sender float up so that the sensor arm reads lower....

Thanks

LITTLE-LARRY

TDI
2010 JSW
I think you will have to tweak the fuel send float arm to get a more accurate fuel level reading by bending the sending unit float arm slightly. I don't think there is any way to change it using VCDS.

LARRY

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Shizz.. I installed a PD lift pump and didn't have an issue with the fuel level sender. I even took it on a cross country trip and the fuel light came on twice. Check the float and run it through its range while watching the gauge.

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Thanks for your help guys.

Well I may or may not know the answer to this problem now. The lift pump I purchased, received and installed is the wrong part # (high pressure for gas engines). DOH!

So that may explain the slightly different level reading. But either way I'm not going to mess with it now since it needs to come out and get exchanged for the proper pump.