BOSCH and up-date from HMG

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Dear Client,

This email addresses two matters that have arisen as part of the 2.0 liter settlement.

First, when you log on to vwcourtsettlement.com, or call 844-98-CLAIM, to register and to participate in the settlement, you may be asked for additional documentation. This documentation often includes your car title and registration, your driver's license (and on a separate page, the driver's license of any co-signer or co-owner) and, if you still owe money on your car, a "Consent to Release Loan Details." The "Consent" form can be found at vwcourtsettlement.com under "Documents" and then under "Forms."

There are other forms available under the "Forms" section, but you do not need to provide those to VW unless you are specifically asked to do so. You will be asked a few questions before getting to the page that asks for additional documentation.

Second, within a few weeks after you complete the registration process, and after your documents are approved, you will receive a letter and release from VW. A redacted version of the letter and release can be found here for your review. Please take a moment to review the letter and release so that you know what one looks like and can know what to expect in the mail.
It is important to remember that this letter contains your actual offer. To participate in the settlement, you must sign the letter and sign and notarize the release.

We have reviewed both, and both are acceptable for you to sign and notarize.

The release does not affect your ability or right to pursue claims against Bosch. In fact, it expressly states:

6. This Release is not intended to and expressly does not release Robert Bosch GmbH or Robert Bosch, LLC and any of their former, present, and future owners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, predecessors, and successors (the "Bosch Entities").

The rest of paragraph 6 states that if we are successful in obtaining a settlement or judgment against Bosch, Bosch can seek to recover some or all of that settlement or judgment from VW, which will then reduce your Bosch settlement or judgment. For example, if you were to get a $10,000 settlement from Bosch, and you receive a $4,000 settlement from VW, Bosch can go after VW for $4,000, and if Bosch wins against VW, it will only have to pay you $10,000 - $4,000 for a total of $6,000.

Please review each of the documents, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Here is a copy of the

Sincerely,
Hilliard Munoz Gonzales, LLP

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Addendum ~~ bosch

The Individual Release shall remain effective regardless of any judicial, quasi-judicial, arbitral, administrative,
regulatory, or other decision relating to the liability of any Released Party in connection with the 2.0-liter TDI Matter. For the avoidance of doubt, this Individual Release shall remain effective even if the Final Approval
Order is reversed and/or vacated on appeal, or if the Class Action Agreement is abrogated or otherwise voided in whole or in part.

This Release is not intended to and expressly does not release Robert Bosch GmbH or Robert Bosch, LLC and any of their former, present, and future owners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, affiliates,
parent companies, subsidiaries, predecessors, and successors (the “Bosch Entities”). If I elect to pursue a claim against any Bosch Entity related to the 2.0-liter TDI Matter (either individually or as a member of a class) and
obtain a final, non-appealable adversary judgment against that Bosch Entity for damages as to which any Bosch Entity seeks indemnification from one or more of the Released Parties, I will waive enforcement of my judgment
against that Bosch Entity by the amount of the damages that such Released Parties are held to be responsible for by way of indemnification of any Bosch Entity, but not more than the Restitution Payment amount that I receive
from all Released Parties. However, I shall have no obligation to reduce my judgment against any Bosch Entity unless and until any Bosch Entity has obtained—in the face of a vigorously litigated defense—a final, non-
appealable adversary judgment for indemnification against one or more of the Released Parties based on such party’s legal obligation to indemnify any Bosch Entity that existed prior to September 18, 2015.

In the event that any Bosch Entity obtains such a judgment against a Released Party after I have recovered on a judgment against that Bosch Entity, I will return to the Bosch Entity the amount of the judgment against it by which I agree herein to have reduced that judgment, which amount will not exceed the Restitution Payment amount that I receive from all Released Parties. In addition, I agree not to enter into any agreement to settle any claim I may have against any Bosch Entity unless such agreement expressly provides that the Released Parties shall be released from any claim for indemnification by a Bosch Entity against any Released Party that relates to my claim against the Bosch
Entit