Replaced clutch master and slave cylinders, now have p0600 code?

TDI
2005 Jetta GL manual
So I replaced my daughters slave and master clutch cylinders. On her 2005 beetle tdi 5 sp. Now I am trying to figure out how I got the P0600(serial communication error) cel, abs, brake warning lights. Never ran fluid reservoir dry. Brakes work great. Went in again checked all connections , battery fuses and battery ground under battery tray. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the OBDeleven pro if I can’t find a vagcom close by. Any suggestions?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Clear the code see if it comes back. Sometimes weird codes pop up for no apparent reason.

TDI
2005 Jetta GL manual
Yes already cleared code (with code scanner) and it came back, also tried the battery cables together for 30 minutes.

TDI
2005 Jetta GL manual
Yes I do have a multimeter. Battery voltage is good 12.6 volts. New battery 2 months ago and charging system seems to work. I forgot to mention the cruise control didn’t work either after cylinder change outs. This all happened after the clutch slave and Master cylinder changeout. I feel something may have worked loose perhaps. If anyone has done this changeout on a beetle it’s a real pain. I am going to look at ECM and control modules until my obdeleven pro scanner arrives. Anybody have any intel or comments on obdeleven tool from Deutche Auto Parts? If I didn’t have to buy an ibm computer I might have sprung for the vagcom. Also my clutch master just went on my commuter Jetta Mk1V. Same year and approx. same mileage 140000 miles. Great cars but a pain to fix. If you don’t do your own wrenching, it doesn’t pay to have one. My 2 cents.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
If your battery is good and you’re not getting the code as a result of low voltage, then the most likely culprit is a wheel speed sensor. I have no idea if the code reader you have coming will be of an help. A vcds would tell you in short order what wasn’t communicating correctly.

TDI
2005 Jetta GL manual
Possibly, but seems to be very coincidental that it happened as soon as I turned the key on after clutch master & slave changeout. None of brake components were touched. Will see when diagnostic tool arrives.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
The ABS device is right in where the master is, and sorta close to the slave, I am guessing a wire got broken going into the ABS module.

TDI
2005 Jetta GL manual
Well problem solved, thx to everyone’s input. I double checked and backtracked and found somehow that the abs module connector wasn’t properly clipped in and connected. It was just sitting on and not clipped in. Don’t remember messing with it but it is real close to clutch master on firewall. Very tight getting in there.