Where can I find this wiring harness?

BakoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, MK7
So as it typically happens, while you're fixing, or trying to fix one thing, something else is noticed. This is what I found today:
I noticed that the coolant glow plug wiring connections have some cracks on them. Does anyone know where to get replacements?? do they even exist?

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Last edited:

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
And/or since you live where it's a warm climate you could disconnect/unplug them and probably never notice any difference in warm up times unless you do lots of short, cold start trips. The ECU doesn't monitor their operation and won't throw a code for them being inoperative.

GEFP

Veteran Member
TDI
2- 2001 Jettas, 2 - 2002 Jettas (1 for parts) 2003 1.8t Jetta (parts) 2014 Jetta
Ok so slightly off topic but where in the Bentley manual can I find wiring diagrams (2001 Jetta TDI) for the coolant glow plugs. I've looked through several times and no luck so far.

I doing an automatic swap and want to install the coolant glow plugs as I live where it's cold in winter.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
You know, when I did the 02 ALH install in my Vanagon, I combed the wiring harness schematics almost in my sleep! At the moment, I cannot remember seeing anything on the Coolant GPs. I'm sure it is there somewhere ... just don't remember.

I'll take a look tonight! ........ about to leave here and go for a long trail hike!:D

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
I live in northern California. I am running at least six TDI's without coolant glow plugs. In Bakersfield It will never be a problem.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
You're welcome. It will be a dirt-cheap fix. 3 ring terminals, 3 pieces of heat shrink tubing, a little liquid tape for wiring, a die to thread the plugs, and 3 pairs of nuts. All done.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Ok so slightly off topic but where in the Bentley manual can I find wiring diagrams (2001 Jetta TDI) for the coolant glow plugs. I've looked through several times and no luck so far.

I doing an automatic swap and want to install the coolant glow plugs as I live where it's cold in winter.
Wiring Diagram 32/10

GEFP

Veteran Member
TDI
2- 2001 Jettas, 2 - 2002 Jettas (1 for parts) 2003 1.8t Jetta (parts) 2014 Jetta
So in my Bentley manual it's diagram 81/12. I don't know what the difference is between manuals but your post showed me that there was a part of the wiring diagrams that I wasn't looking in. It took a few minutes to find it but I found what I wanted. Thank you for your help

GEFP

Veteran Member
TDI
So you made me think did I see this correctly so I just went out and checked. In my Bentley manual it's wiring diagram number 81/12 on wiring diagram page number 97-874. I have two different wiring diagrams on that page.

Prairie Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta, 04 Jetta
can't remember where I found it, but similar to the post Toxic shared... instead of ring terminals/threading, I splice on 5mm bullet connectors - they slide right on top of the GP. Have done it on 2 cars without issue.

BakoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, MK7
can't remember where I found it, but similar to the post Toxic shared... instead of ring terminals/threading, I splice on 5mm bullet connectors - they slide right on top of the GP. Have done it on 2 cars without issue.

and most likely, this option would make it easier to install some heat shrink on it and keep it clean... nice!!

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
So you made me think did I see this correctly so I just went out and checked. In my Bentley manual it's wiring diagram number 81/12 on wiring diagram page number 97-874. I have two different wiring diagrams on that page.
OK, now I see where the 81/12 is. :)