What did you do to your MKIV today?

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Sounds like you fixed it, hydraulics could contribute to something like that, but I'm sure you've got that squared away. The lube needs to be rated for high temperature.
Time will tell now. Yeah the lube on the pins I put is marine rated/high temp. I've used in on my other vehicles as well. When I pulled the pins they were still great. I just didn't put any at all where the pads rest on the slide area so I'm thinking something got bound up.

Also you're right, when I did the rebuild of that caliper as well as the replacement of everything, all 4 corners were bled. Hopefully this solved it.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

sriracha

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon 5mt, 1982 Rabbit truck (gas)
Yesterday, I changed the oil, oil filter and air filter.

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
I put a remote oil filter system with a particulate filter on, replaced all fuel injectors after having a failure of the pin and plunger on an injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BakoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, MK7

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
"Maybe I can cut carpet back some and fill with some epoxy or something that will harden
But the new plastic mats do look awesome!"Bako

Just use some Bondo or the like, (fiberglass body putty). Quick and cheap,
level it out and then get one of the better grade mats. Or cut the carpet and
patch with more carpet. Heavy rubber will fix it for years.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
I took my wagon out for a drive for the first time in couple weeks, when I pulled back in driveway, I noticed I was sitting at 396k . Man I miss driving my wagon daily.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Pulled my '99.5 Golf out of the garage in preparation to go to my guru for a new heater core. Drove it a bit, it sure runs nice. It's been a while: clock was on daylight savings time.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Pulled my '99.5 Golf out of the garage in preparation to go to my guru for a new heater core. Drove it a bit, it sure runs nice. It's been a while: clock was on daylight savings time.

Heater cores isn’t as bad in mk4’s as once thought, especially in cars with manual control heaters.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Washed it, flushed the brake fluid (old stuff was still in great shape since the last flush 2.5 years ago), and rotated the tires.

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
Replace the gasket for tandem pump after it suddenly started pouring oil last week sometime, peeping pieces for a decat next week sometime, I hope.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Revived the Jetta, driving the thirsty Subaru Legacy GT got expensive. Sure missed the Jetta. Switched over the insurance just as a big snow storm rolled in but it just plowed its way to work, Michelin x ice ftw.

Also installed an aftermarket jvc Bluetooth radio, so much nicer than stock, and it matches pretty good with the illumination. [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TDIGAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2003 Jetta GLS Grey 5 spd. Previous: 2003 Jetta GLS Silver 5 spd (lost in a collision)
OK "Caddy" I have to ask... What's the "268" next to the hazard switch.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
I'd say it's an EGT gauge

I replaced shifter bushings from the bottom and put the exhaust back on...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Changed engine oil / filter, tranny fluid and installed new dog bone. ...

Big difference .... I'll probably order engine mounts also it's only been 332 thousand miles!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
On Thursday my guru installed a 0.70 fifth gear in IBW. About a 200 RPM drop at highway speeds.

I like it a lot. Not bad range on this fill, either.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
On Thursday my guru installed a 0.70 fifth gear in IBW. About a 200 RPM drop at highway speeds.

I like it a lot. Not bad range on this fill, either.
Hi

What kind of mpgs are you getting ? 500 miles on 1/2 tank seems really good ... on my car tho 1/2 tank on gauge is about 9 gallons so my gauge is not super accurate...

Thanks

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Gauge isn't linear. I'm getting between 48 and 52 MPG, closer to 48 in winter, typically. Tank vent is removed and I fill it right to the brim.

300D

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6
My 1/2 tank is almost exact 10 gallons. Ventectomy and I fill all the way up. Really great way to see where you are at midway in the tank. 460 miles at exactly 1/2? 46mpg.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
That sounds just about right. This tank will probably be 49-50 MPG.

When i bought this car a taller 5th didn't seem to be a big need, rarely ran it at much over 75 MPH. But in recent years traffic around here has gotten faster. It's not uncommon to run 80+ on highways around Boston.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
So I must ask: what is the benefit of knowing the exhaust gas temp?

On a stock TDI there is not much benefit but on a modified one you can cook your turbo if you go above 1650 degrees Fahrenheit for too long. On a hard pull I can reach that temperature fairly quick. It's just easy insurance knowing what's going on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk